Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2018, 02:30 AM #1
nymph nymph is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
nymph is on a distinguished road
Points: 2,442.44
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,442.44
Default Anthony Joshua vs. Luis Ortiz

As boxing fans we want the best to fight the best. It's given that the best three heavyweights are Joshua, Ortiz and Wilder.

Why isn't there a demand for this fight?
nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-12-2018, 02:33 AM #2
pillowfists98 pillowfists98 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North Carolina USA
Posts: 2,336
Quoted: 1323 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
pillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,000,040,948.75
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,040,948.75
Your fanboyism is embarrassing - __________ Use it to look pretty for your man Eddie the Snake - __________ Give it to Eddie the snake to get hard before you suck him off pmsl - __________ Dick riding the coward and his lying promoter - __________ Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 
Default

That isn't a given. I'd rank Povetkin over Ortiz.
pillowfists98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:38 AM #3
lolpz lolpz is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,273
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,000,085,953.12
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,085,953.12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillowfists98 View Post
That isn't a given. I'd rank Povetkin over Ortiz.
?

In what way is Povetkin better then Ortiz? Please elaborate.
lolpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:56 AM #4
WBC WBA IBF WBC WBA IBF is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,288
Quoted: 5562 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
WBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,000,158,087.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,000,158,087.08
Some tissue to clean up all the bs you want people to believe - Robbie Barrett One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder My word you are living your fantasies through this forum - !a! No one believes your lies LOL - !a! LIES, LIES and LIES - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymph View Post
As boxing fans we want the best to fight the best. It's given that the best three heavyweights are Joshua, Ortiz and Wilder.

Why isn't there a demand for this fight?
TBRB has Ortiz #4, so i wouldn't say it's a given he's one of the three best, although I personally have him ranked #3 and believe he would knock out Joseph Parker.

Aside from that, I'd say the lack of demand for this fight comes down to two things:

#1 - Ortiz doesn't have much of a fan base.

#2 - AJ's fans want whatever Hearn tells them to want.
WBC WBA IBF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:08 AM #5
Throwingbombs Throwingbombs is online now
Contender
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 273
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Throwingbombs is a splendid one to beholdThrowingbombs is a splendid one to beholdThrowingbombs is a splendid one to beholdThrowingbombs is a splendid one to beholdThrowingbombs is a splendid one to beholdThrowingbombs is a splendid one to behold
Points: 100,000,000,017,340.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,000,017,340.78
Eddie Hearn nut hugger - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Default

Ortiz is 40 years old and has looked absolutely awful in his last few fights prior to Wilder.
Throwingbombs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:11 AM #6
lolpz lolpz is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,273
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,000,085,953.12
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,085,953.12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwingbombs View Post
Ortiz is 40 years old and has looked absolutely awful in his last few fights prior to Wilder.
How someone looks against bums doesn't matter. You can't sit there and tell me skill wise Ortiz isn't the best at heavyweight currently, you clearly don't know what you're watching.
lolpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:12 AM #7
lolpz lolpz is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,273
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,000,085,953.12
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,085,953.12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
TBRB has Ortiz #4, so i wouldn't say it's a given he's one of the three best, although I personally have him ranked #3 and believe he would knock out Joseph Parker.

Aside from that, I'd say the lack of demand for this fight comes down to two things:

#1 - Ortiz doesn't have much of a fan base.

#2 - AJ's fans want whatever Hearn tells them to want.
Completely agree, only problem I have with this situation is the fact that people aren't consistent when it comes to holding certain fighters to high standards.

Everyone wants to see the best fight the best, but at the same time give some fighters a pass. Povetkin just went life and death with *****ing David Price and has looked a shell of himself ever since he got caught with PEDs.
lolpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:23 AM #8
WBC WBA IBF WBC WBA IBF is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,288
Quoted: 5562 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
WBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,000,158,087.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,000,158,087.08
Some tissue to clean up all the bs you want people to believe - Robbie Barrett One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder My word you are living your fantasies through this forum - !a! No one believes your lies LOL - !a! LIES, LIES and LIES - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpz View Post
Completely agree, only problem I have with this situation is the fact that people aren't consistent when it comes to holding certain fighters to high standards.

Everyone wants to see the best fight the best, but at the same time give some fighters a pass. Povetkin just went life and death with *****ing David Price and has looked a shell of himself ever since he got caught with PEDs.
Considering AJ's level of experience, I'd say he's fought better competition than anybody else would in his position. So I can't criticize him for facing Povetkin. Are his fans believing BS excuses his promoter is making up? Yes. But that's his promoter's job.

AJ has had 20 something fights, fought several legit contenders, and unified three recognized world heavyweight titles. There's no reason for him to rush into a Wilder fight.
WBC WBA IBF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:05 AM #9
R_Walken R_Walken is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,553
Quoted: 1876 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
R_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 200,000,001,000,000,003,768,320.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,000,001,000,000,003,768,320.00
Awesome posts, get yourself an avatar to match - DramaShow- 
Default

Ortiz is in the same boat as almost every other Cuban fighter

Highly skilled with no real fan base and brings nothing to the table except a probable loss to who ever heís fighting

Thatís why fighters that have enough cache in their name can avoid most Cubans without taking much flack

As far as the best fighting the best every fan claims thatís what they want but the reality is most just want to act like groupies and watch their favourite fighter even if itís against a no hoper

A perfect example of this is the weekend when there was Crawford / Horn , Charlo / Trout & LSC / Mares. Someone put a thread up asking which fight people were most looking forward too and it went

Crawford/Horn
Charlo/ Hurd
LSC / Mares

And most people were looking forward to Crawford /Horn the most and LSC /Mares the least even though Crawford /Horn was sh.it , Horns claim to fame is a gift hometown decision and beating a collection of 40 year + fighters and Cruz/Mares was a legit fight among 2 top 5 in a stacked division both had momentum with big wins recently and their first fight was a FOTY candidate
R_Walken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:14 AM #10
lolpz lolpz is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,273
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,000,085,953.12
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,085,953.12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Walken View Post
Ortiz is in the same boat as almost every other Cuban fighter

Highly skilled with no real fan base and brings nothing to the table except a probable loss to who ever heís fighting

Thatís why fighters that have enough cache in their name can avoid most Cubans without taking much flack

As far as the best fighting the best every fan claims thatís what they want but the reality is most just want to act like groupies and watch their favourite fighter even if itís against a no hoper

A perfect example of this is the weekend when there was Crawford / Horn , Charlo / Trout & LSC / Mares. Someone put a thread up asking which fight people were most looking forward too and it went

Crawford/Horn
Charlo/ Hurd
LSC / Mares

And most people were looking forward to Crawford /Horn the most and LSC /Mares the least even though Crawford /Horn was sh.it , Horns claim to fame is a gift hometown decision and beating a collection of 40 year + fighters and Cruz/Mares was a legit fight among 2 top 5 in a stacked division both had momentum with big wins recently and their first fight was a FOTY candidate
Great post btw.

But considering what you said about Ortiz, why do you think Wilder isn't getting the credit for that win that he should? What does he have to do?

He tried to fight Povetkin who failed several PED tests, then tried to fight Andrzej Wawrzyk who failed a PED test (he ended up fighting Gerald Washington instead), then tried to fight Ortiz last November but he also failed a PED test. Then everybody said Wilder "ducked" Ortiz, then he came and fought him in March and K.O'd the heavyweight boogeyman Ortiz. Now they're saying he's ducking Joshua.

What does Wilder have to do?
lolpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
anthony, joshua, luis, ortiz

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.