Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 11-15-2002, 11:17 AM #1
James Fulton

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0
Default I need side control help

In BJJ I have problems keeping the side mount on my opponent. Can anyone give me tips to keeping them down or a site with tips?

Thanks.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-15-2002, 11:18 AM #2
James Fulton

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0

Let me elaborate more. I either don't have enough pressure on the guy and he gets his leg in and pulls guard... or I guess I am ****ing up with my hips somewhere and he can roll me and end up on top of me in my guard.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:25 PM #3
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond reputewiggert has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,781.00

Put your hand in front of his hip.

That should do the job if you are as good as me!!!

hahah

******t
wiggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 03:26 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
seldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 161,297.00

Good start ******t...

Gotta block the hip closest to you in some way, either arm or thigh, keep low, even keep your chin on the far hip, this should keep the legs out of play.

If the guy has good flexibility and can bring their legs in regardless, try to move north-south, or go right around the other side. Keep mobile, but stay low, keeping some pressure on him.

If the roll is happening often, you may be leaning too far over the opponent. Try to keep a balnce between putting too much weight on him and to little. Also, by keeping a leg reasonably straight and anchored to the mat, the roll should become much harder for him to pull off.

I need a vidoe or pictures to explain it better, but that would be my advice
seldomTap is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List