No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Spike September 2018?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs Spike September 2018?

How else could you interpret this tweet? Pretty much Goldenboy guaranteed Spike the Canelo fight for September?

In response too this tweet.

Last edited by El Gitano; 04-24-2018, 07:01 PM.

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
    How else could you interpret this tweet? Pretty much Goldenboy guaranteed Spike the Canelo fight for September?

I remember Spike's co-promoter said they had the Canelo fight in Sept no matter what happened in the GGG-Canelo fight in May.

Comment

More likely they are promised canelo AFTER the sept rematch. I also remember the talks of lemieux vs Spike a couple months ago. I think that's the next fight after may 4 as both have soft touches coming up. Can easily get paid more then the 400K chump change GGG offered for a Lemieux fight. And then face canelo win or lose after sept for 1M+. His manager said he was promised 3 fight deal.

The first fight of his new contract takes place next Friday [May 4th] at the StubHub Centre just outside Los Angeles.

Another fight would then come in the late Summer or early Autumn before, all going well, a huge fight with Golovkin or Canelo.

Collins outlined how “we can still fight Canelo or Golovkin because the third fight [of the deal] is going to be to face the winner of that rematch.

It’ll probably be December if it’s Golovkin or probably next April or May if it’s Canelo,” Collins added
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-24-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

They're not just taking a soft touch, they're INVESTING in one. What the ****?

Comment

After may 4, spike summer fight could also be Gabe Rosado. I remember there were talks of that fight happening last sept. Soft touch then rosado/lemieux on HBO then fights canelo win or lose after his rematch in sept.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            After may 4, spike summer fight could also be Gabe Rosado. I remember there were talks of that fight happening last sept. Soft touch then rosado/lemieux on HBO then fights canelo win or lose after his rematch in sept.
            Gabe Rosado? Horrible. No wonder K2 has taken over the L.A. market from Golden Boy with GGG and Roman.

Golden Boy better bring along Ryan Garcia as fast as they can while keeping him away from anybody with a pulse

Comment

He should get his ban extended if he fights spike....hopefully he doesn’t fight golovkin, but there’s so many good fights at middleweight he could take, spikes not one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
                He should get his ban extended if he fights spike....

Comment

That fight would suck ass if they made that fight. There's plenty of time to get a respectable opponent if not Triple G in September.

Comment

I expect to see GGG vs Canelo in September.Spike vs Canelo makes no sense at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X