Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adonis Stevenson "Andre Ward Playing Games, He'll Return But Won't Fight Me!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adonis Stevenson "Andre Ward Playing Games, He'll Return But Won't Fight Me!"

Stevenson says that Ward is playing games and that he hasn't really retired but he also believes that Ward never wanted to face him.

@9:00

stevenson will knock out ward easily. unless ward is allowed to land 20 straight low blows

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Stevenson says that Ward is playing games and that he hasn't really retired but he also believes that Ward never wanted to face him.
      When you have one punch knockout power, very few want to face you. Wilder has gone through the same thing Adonis has gone through.

Promoter's keep their fighters away from fighters with one punch knockout power because it's so difficult to counteract. Influencing judges, influencing refs, and all the usual ways to steal a fight don't work if your guy gets knocked out. So you avoid one punch knockout power like the plague. You keep your fighters away.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        When you have one punch knockout power, very few want to face you. Wilder has gone through the same thing Adonis has gone through.

Promoter's keep their fighters away from fighters with one punch knockout power because it's so difficult to counteract. Influencing judges, influencing refs, and all the usual ways to steal a fight don't work if your guy gets knocked out. So you avoid one punch knockout power like the plague. You keep your fighters away.
        Not necessarily - a lot of fighters prefer to face those types if they have a solid defence and chin. It all comes down to styles.

Wilder's problems have stemmed from a combination of factors the biggest is fights falling through due to PED use.

Comment

As andre wards biggest sceptic.. andre ward would easily win 12-0

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Not necessarily - a lot of fighters prefer to face those types
            very rarely does it matter what a fighter prefers. 99.9999% of fighters don't pick their opponents.

when you're developing a fighter or handling a fighter, one punch knockout power is what you keep them away from. period. there's nothing to be gained and of all the ways there are to influence a fight behind the scenes, a one punch knockout artist can obliterate any tricks or schemes you may have.

even a washed up guy like shannon briggs struggles to get fights for this reason. put yourself in the shoes of a promoter or a manager. knowing there are so many places you can get the result you want as long as your fighter is still standing for the final bell. why choose opponents who can ruin that?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              very rarely does it matter what a fighter prefers. 99.9999% of fighters don't pick their opponents.

when you're developing a fighter or handling a fighter, one punch knockout power is what you keep them away from. period. there's nothing to be gained and of all the ways there are to influence a fight behind the scenes, a one punch knockout artist can obliterate any tricks or schemes you may have.

even a washed up guy like shannon briggs struggles to get fights for this reason. put yourself in the shoes of a promoter or a manager. knowing there are so many places you can get the result you want as long as your fighter is still standing for the final bell. why choose opponents who can ruin that?
              Developing a fighter? Yes I agree in most cases you are keeping him away from punchers, but if you are managing a Provodnikov type then you would be looking to avoid slicksters early not necessarily punchers.

If you are at the top as Adonis is, he is not facing prospects and in most cases he would be giving an opponent a career high pay day, so I disagree that it applies in this case. He is the common denominator as to why fights with Kovalev, Ward, etc. haven't happened, I don't believe for one minute he was avoided. I also think Jack will beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                If you are at the top as Adonis is, he is not facing prospects and in most cases he would be giving an opponent a career high pay day, so I disagree that it applies in this case. He is the common denominator as to why fights with Kovalev, Ward, etc. haven't happened, I don't believe for one minute he was avoided.
                Okay, well we know for a fact that Kovalev avoided him because Kovalev was his mandatory and when Adonis tried to fight him, Kovalev vacated and ducked the purse bid.

So if you don't believe for one minute, something that is indisputable easily verifiable fact, then unfortunately we must call into question your ability to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

Hopkins also clearly avoided Adonis, switching from HBO to SHO to avoid the fight at a time when Hopkins believed Kovalev was the easier win (turns out he couldn't win the "easier" fight either).

As for Ward, he was overpaid to fight on HBO and I can't knock him for that. Ward certainly wasn't eager to face Adonis, but I'll never knock a guy for taking the more lucrative route. So Ward certainly wouldn't be first on my list of guys who avoided Adonis. First on the list for sure is Kovalev.

Comment

Who's creating this bullshot narrative that Ward is scared of adonis.

Ward fought the guys that adonis was ducking. Adonis had more than enough time to fight bigger names. Kov did everything under the sun to get that fight made.

Comment

Originally posted by Blkseez View Post
                    Who's creating this bullshot narrative that Ward is scared of adonis.

Ward fought the guys that adonis was ducking. Adonis had more than enough time to fight bigger names. Kov did everything under the sun to get that fight made.
                    Stevenson has been a champ since 2013, Ward came into light heavyweight and in just over a year fought the guy Stevenson should have in Kovalev

Comment

Working...
                    X