Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: If GGG beats Canelo in their rematch, who should he face next?
Billy Joe Saunders (lineal unification) 54 90.00%
Jermall Charlo 6 10.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2018, 08:09 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Shontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 29,118.35
Total Points: 48,599.87
No Message - anthonydavid11 No Message - anthonydavid11 No Message - anthonydavid11 No Message - anthonydavid11 Here you go my wise bruvva - anthonydavid11 
you chat shit - !nternation useless posts - !nternation trash - !nternation troll - !nternation you're a fool - !nternation 
fool - !nternation moron - !nternation idiot - !nternation silly boy - !nternation what a fool you are - !nternation 
just another reminder you are an idiot - !nternation stick it up your ass - !nternation what a moron - !nternation No Message - !nternation Count them Benjamin... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default If GGG beats Canelo, should he face BJS or Charlo next?

Because of the whole other thread;

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...0#post18482730

I'd just like to gauge what the hardcore fans really want.

*Now this is IF GGG beats Canelo. I had GGG winning the first fight, but I'm not going to shout robbery - the only problem I had was the 118-110 score. I think Canelo will win the rematch.*

For me personally, I think BJS is the next logical step. Why?

1. He has a belt - this fight will be to completely unify a division.

2. This fight was supposed to happen ages ago, for many reasons it hasn't happened yet.

3. BJS is now on a blaze since dedicating himself to training and a strict diet under Dominic Ingle and is looking the best he has ever been.

4. He is a PROVEN, natural middleweight.

5. Not too relevant, but he beat Monroe Jr, Lemieux, and is now facing Martin Murray (all 3 opponents that GGG has beaten) all in a row.

Charlo would make a good fight for sure - but he only just arrived at MW. The way I see it is that there are quite a few big JMWs, a few that are even bigger than most the top guys at MW, so the onus was on them all these years to move up and face GGG.

Moving up after GGG has finally made a name for himself and become a bigger money fight since Canelo sort of rubs me the wrong way, I see it as cutting in line almost.

Plus, there is the Jacobs rematch which is legitimate considering how tough of a fight that was.

Adding a poll so I know where boxing fans stand on this argument - BJS or Charlo for next fight?

Last edited by Shontae De'marc; 02-13-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Shontae De'marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-13-2018, 08:14 AM #2
I Want My Money!

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Morrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 500,022,974.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
Because of the whole other thread (the DBN one) I'd just like to gauge what the hardcore fans really want.

*Now this is IF GGG beats Canelo. I had GGG winning the first fight, but I'm not going to shout robbery - the only problem I had was the 118-110 score. I think Canelo will win the rematch.*

2. This fight was supposed to happen ages ago, for many reasons it hasn't happened yet.

3. BJS is now on a blaze since dedicating himself to training and a strict diet under Dominic Ingle and is looking the best he has ever been.

5. Not too relevant, but he beat Monroe Jr, Lemieux, and is now facing Martin Murray (all 3 opponents that GGG has beaten) all in a row.

Charlo would make a good fight for sure - but he only just arrived at MW. The way I see it is that there are quite a few big JMWs, a few that are even bigger than most the top guys at MW, so the onus was on them all these years to move up and face GGG.

Moving up after GGG has finally made a name for himself and become a bigger money fight since Canelo sort of rubs me the wrong way, I see it as cutting in line almost.

Plus, there is the Jacobs rematch which is legitimate considering how tough of a fight that was.

Adding a poll so I know where boxing fans stand on this argument - BJS or Charlo for next fight?
The question is if Bummelo will acknowledge the WBC and its fee. Bummelo would only unify the belts with Saunders without the WBC so it’s not for undisputed. This is all Suleyman to blame.

It actually makes better ground for 160 and make everything difficult. With HBO, Jacobs and Andrade could hound Char broiled for the WBC.
Morrie ATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:17 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Koba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,000,199,993,501,696.00
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
racist - Mr McDowell Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma#1 View Post
The question is if Bummelo will acknowledge the WBC and its fee. Bummelo would only unify the belts with Saunders without the WBC so it’s not for undisputed. This is all Suleyman to blame.

It actually makes better ground for 160 and make everything difficult. With HBO, Jacobs and Andrade could hound Char broiled for the WBC.
Thread title:

"If GGG beats Canelo...."
Koba-Grozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:50 AM #4
New York City sucks

Quoted: 3698 Post(s)
Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,186,807,312,367,420,672.00
Total Points: 2,186,810,422,304,365,824.00
Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* 
Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have a beer,can't green you again lol - HughJass Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! You da man - Beercules Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Happy New Year, Jew Boy - Rocky... 
Happy New Year lad!! All the best for 2016!! - Pretty Boy1 :lol1: - -jose- wut up jew? - Kuyukut cheers holmes - Mike D My bad, mate. Cheers! - .:: JSFD26 ::. 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PorterIsFuture Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BM dnobagaV World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 

Whoever he fights, he'll be accused of ducking the guy he didn't fight. But if he fights BJS instead of Charlo, the accusations will be worse because of the ongoing race war on NSB and that's not even debatable. It's pretty stupid since Golovkin never ducked anyone but has been ducked by a few fighters (not quite as many as his buttlickers claim).

That said-- I don't have a problem with fighting either guy, although it would be awesome to watch Golovkin make that loudmouth pikey crap his trunks with body shots. BJS has held his belt hostage, ducking top fighters while talking crap trying to make it look like he was the one being ducked. I think it's time he gets humbled.

EDIT: I get the feeling that IF Golovkin beats Canelo convincingly, BJS will avoid the fight.
Derranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:00 AM #5
CS*

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Caught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 519,500,000,126,251.75

If he wins I think he'll fight Saunders and then retire, that's fine because it's a fight to become undisputed and I can't blame him if he retires on top after that because he's getting on a bit. If he loses to Canelo then I think he retires as well.

No doubt a Charlo fight is interesting, if he did carry on fighting at 160 after beating Canelo and Saunders without fighting Charlo then it's clearly a duck.
Caught Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:04 AM #6
I Want My Money!

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Morrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these partsMorrie ATG is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 500,022,974.31

Don’t worry boys. Bummelo will continue to get yet another debt from previous champions avoiding Triple Gee for now its “Bummelo is ducking Charlo.”
Morrie ATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:21 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2057 Post(s)
icha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,626.12
WAR Canelo - Booty Dew WarNelo - Dinamita 03 yo invito!! - KO MX Thanks for sharing...ESPN Deportes article - -jose- Lara fans got owned lol - Bardock 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
Because of the whole other thread;

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...0#post18482730

I'd just like to gauge what the hardcore fans really want.

no need for this fantasy scenarios, he aint beating canelo...
icha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:27 AM #8
New York City sucks

Quoted: 3698 Post(s)
Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,186,807,312,367,420,672.00
Total Points: 2,186,810,422,304,365,824.00
Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* 
Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have a beer,can't green you again lol - HughJass Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! You da man - Beercules Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Happy New Year, Jew Boy - Rocky... 
Happy New Year lad!! All the best for 2016!! - Pretty Boy1 :lol1: - -jose- wut up jew? - Kuyukut cheers holmes - Mike D My bad, mate. Cheers! - .:: JSFD26 ::. 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PorterIsFuture Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BM dnobagaV World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by icha View Post
no need for this fantasy scenarios, he aint beating canelo...
I agree. He got robbed the first around and my guess is that he'll get robbed again.
Derranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:28 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 926 Post(s)
285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,050,102,212,246.85

Canelo or GGG the winner should fight BJS next
285Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:35 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2057 Post(s)
icha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,626.12
WAR Canelo - Booty Dew WarNelo - Dinamita 03 yo invito!! - KO MX Thanks for sharing...ESPN Deportes article - -jose- Lara fans got owned lol - Bardock 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derranged View Post
I agree. He got robbed the first around and my guess is that he'll get robbed again.
no robbery on close fights, but he needs to win 7 clear rounds to beat canelo, 5 clear rounds and 2 or 3 close ones wont do it in vegas vs canelo, he didnt get 7 clear or dominant rounds the first time, and i dont see how he gets them the second time..
icha is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
beats, canelo, charlo, face, next?

User Tag List