Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Spence is a Long Way From Being Star Like Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Spence is a Long Way From Being Star Like Floyd

ERROL SPENCE JNR has the chance to show how good he is when he faces Lamont Peterson. But he still has a long way to go if he is going to take over from Floyd Mayweather as America's biggest boxing star. The unbeaten IBF welterweight champion from Texas takes on veteran Washington native Peterson in a must-watch clash in the early hours of tomorrow morning in New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's not Floyd, never will be. Stop with the overblown expectations.

He's more likely to be an Andre Ward type, but he may have even less personality than Son of Golata. I see him struggling to land big fights as well.

Comment

That's right. I'm assuming Spence knows how to read and he doesn't beat his girlfriend in front of their kids.

Comment

There is no DeLaHoya for him to rise to those levels no matter what he does.

Comment

what does fish eyes know about being a star,he's never promoted one..correct me if I'm wrong otherwise just agree with the point

Comment

1)Mayweather was the WORLD's biggest draw, not just "America's".

2)Spence nor any boxer shouldn't be concerned about being the type of draw that FMJ was. He was by far the biggest money maker in boxing history.

3)Warren hasn't shown himself to be a big superstar maker in all of his years. Nor does he have the tools, he just isn't that bright.

4)Spence MIGHT become the draw GGG and Canelo have become if he beats Lamont Petterson then Thurman then Crawford. If he does that, he'll have a pedigree better than those bigger draws.

Comment

Yup and so isn’t Anthony Joshua . I think part of the reason Floyd was such a draw is cause a lot of people wanted to see him lose. I know I did.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                ERROL SPENCE JNR has the chance to show how good he is when he faces Lamont Peterson. But he still has a long way to go if he is going to take over from Floyd Mayweather as America's biggest boxing star. The unbeaten IBF welterweight champion from Texas takes on veteran Washington native Peterson in a must-watch clash in the early hours of tomorrow morning in New York.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                What is Warren babbling about? No has suggested Spence is going to be a big attraction like Mayweather. The era is of mega PPV fights is over. Boxing is less attractive to young athletes these days than other sports, and American boxing is no longer dominant in the international arena. Because of this and other reasons, boxing is less interesting to the American public and PPV as a business model is less viable. There will be the occasional PPV fight now and then, but not much more than that. It isn't likely that Wilder, Spence, Crawford or any other boxer is going to catch the public eye as Mayweather, Oscar, Mike Tyson or Ali did.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman#1 View Post
                  1)Mayweather was the WORLD's biggest draw, not just "America's".

2)Spence nor any boxer shouldn't be concerned about being the type of draw that FMJ was. He was by far the biggest money maker in boxing history.

3)Warren hasn't shown himself to be a big superstar maker in all of his years. Nor does he have the tools, he just isn't that bright.

4)Spence MIGHT become the draw GGG and Canelo have become if he beats Lamont Petterson then Thurman then Crawford. If he does that, he'll have a pedigree better than those bigger draws.
                  Floyd was in an era where he fought and beat two very popular boxers to get his shine which helped him a lot. DLH and Hatton were very popular. Spence is in the wrong era for that. Crawford and Thurman aren't exactly household names.
                  I feel like nobody is very big right now.

Comment

People want him to be like floyd so bad, they wanted Broner to be like Floyd so bad.

He's not like floyd he will likely end his career at 154-160, he fights different too--WAY MORE OFFENSIVE

Comment

Working...
                    X