Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 11-20-2017, 05:14 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2190 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,254,940.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun 
Default Canelo Alvarez vs. Paul Williams

I wonder what would have happened had that fight taken place.

It was finalized for Showtime Pay-Per-View and then Williams had his motorcycle accident and was paralyzed for life. He was replaced by Kirkland, then Victor Ortiz and then Josesito Lopez.

I remember that date was called the curse of Canelo because everyone kept getting derailed from the fight.

I actually picked Williams to win that fight. I felt he was a big step up for Canelo at the time and could have beaten him. The style was all wrong for Canelo.

That fight could have changed the course of Canelo's career.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-20-2017, 05:54 AM #2
Interim Champion

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 60,253.98

Canelo would have won, wide UD.
lolpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:40 AM #3
Co.cktail

Quoted: 2400 Post(s)
Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,778,974,107,035,580.00
Total Points: 35,721,475,324,547,560.00
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 No Message - -jose- Team Sutherland FTW - Mike D 
No Message - -jose- Happy New Year bro - HughJass 5000 post you get a hot dog congrats! - -jose- No Message - -jose- 'Obi Juan' :lol1: - -jose- 
war team sutherland - Mike D 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

Canelo counters the **** out of him and probably stops him.

Williams was good, but he gets overrated now.

Warrior though and he gets my full respect. Hope he is doing well.
Tom Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:28 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Lopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,062,133.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cruise View Post
Canelo counters the **** out of him and probably stops him.

Williams was good, but he gets overrated now.

Warrior though and he gets my full respect. Hope he is doing well.
Yeah he was definitely finished after the Sergio KO. Great dude. Wish his condition on no one. Wish him the best
Lopez_Boxing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:41 AM #5
One Hit Wonder

Quoted: 6488 Post(s)
Elroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 71,104,070,872,376.59
Total Points: 100,001,000,172,204,165,431,296.00
Hey Nick Kyrigios, (sing to tune of YMCA) Hey Elroy Leroy WHY ARE YOU GAY? hey Leroy Elroy WHY ARE YOU GAY-HAY? You take ev-er-y- thing up your fucking ass, u can hang OUT WITH ALL YOUR BOYS. ELROY, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, get your - HAMMER77777 get pwnt - Shaolin Sword have some tissues to shove in your mouth fatty,mak yourself throw up cuz ur so fat,,,Hey Elroy Leroy WHY ARE YOU GAY? hey Leroy Elroy WHY ARE YOU GAY-HAY? You take ev-er-y- thing up your fucking ass, u can hang OUT WITH ALL YOUR BOYS. ELROY, theres n - Shaolin Sword Hey Nick Kyrigios, (sing to tune of YMCA) Hey Elroy Leroy WHY ARE YOU GAY? hey Leroy Elroy WHY ARE YOU GAY-HAY? You take ev-er-y- thing up your fucking ass, u can hang OUT WITH ALL YOUR BOYS. ELROY, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, get your - HAMMER77777 Just me and u now faggot.  Nobody here to help you.  SS will be here soon and youre about to get tag teamed, Aussie.  LOL, I run things here.  you are out - HAMMER77777 
WHY ARE YOU GAY-AY? - HAMMER77777 Your new song:  OK dude, I thought of this while I was mowing my Lawn.  This is what I came up with.  Yes, I just spent about Half Hour on this:   ELROY, there's no need to feel down I said, LEROY, pick yourself off the ground I said, ELROY, 'cause y - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 sent plenty of reports to the mods too.  Losers Will be banned.  https://media.giphy.com/media/dIAYnXuaBzUli/200.gif - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 
Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 
AAAAAAAA, shaaaad aaap! - Plier88888 Everyone Knows its an alt, dumbass.  Genius.  I made this because Hammer77777 was permabanned by a racist mod.  If I was trying to be incognito would I choose Plier88888?   Sheesh.  Its obvious that its Hammer's alt til I get that account restored. - Plier88888 stay in your lane motherfuker before i put u back in it - Plier88888 please forgive me, i think ur a cool dude. - Shaolin Sword enjoy your bad RACIST idiot. Keep spewing racism and more will come. - Shaolin Sword 

yeah. paul was his worst enemy. his style, such as it was, was counterproductive. sure, it won him many fights but would have cost him vs top guys.

he would have walked into a punch he didnt see coming. either early or the 9th
Elroy The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:07 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,251,780,531.34
Total Points: 177,367,018,997.43
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Well if he throws about 100 punches per round, like he usually did, I can see him winning a decision, like he did against Winky Wright, but he could also get caught and get knocked out early. At that point, I'd probably go with Williams, if he used volume and some reach. I also heard, since it was a PPV fight, that it would've been Williams' biggest payday. At least he saved most of his money, unlike a lot of other fighters.
Anthony342 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:58 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
kushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,726.62
Total Points: 64,485.08
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post

It was finalized for Showtime Pay-Per-View and then Williams had his motorcycle accident and was paralyzed for life. He was replaced by Kirkland, then Victor Ortiz and then Josesito Lopez.

I remember that date was called the curse of Canelo because everyone kept getting derailed from the fight.

I actually picked Williams to win that fight. I felt he was a big step up for Canelo at the time and could have beaten him. The style was all wrong for Canelo.

Thats right I had forgotten about Kirkland, its some crazy sh that Kirkland was the 1st to get derailed after Williams but got the fight way later anyways. Then Ortiz' btch ass got his jaw broken by Josesito Lopez when that was supposed to be a tune-up 4 him before Canelo, he was winning that fight badly too,but Lopez pulled that warrior heart out of nowhere & broke his jaw w a hail Mary haymaker.
kushking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:02 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
kushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,726.62
Total Points: 64,485.08
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post

I think it could've gone 1 of 2 ways,

#1.It could be a much closer version of canelo vs trout because Williams was more imposing than Trout.
Or

#2.Williams would've been a more aggressive version of the trout fight where canelo kd & bambi legged him,& unlike Trout who went into survival mode in a fight he knew he needed to be more aggressive with open scoring where he knew he was losing early but still tried just to survive, Williams would've gone for broke & would've probably gotten ko'd as his chin wasn't as good as trouts imo. But Williams was a great fighter who at the time I picked to beat mayweather.
kushking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:02 PM #9
Contender

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Disturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond reputeDisturbed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,011,507.47

I think he could've beaten Canelo, especially then. I mean this was in 2012. Canelo was good back then too, sure, but now he has improved with time. I think it would have been close decision back then, but Canelo of today would have beaten him for sure

But thats just my guess, I dont know **** about boxing anyway. but its an interesting match up, shame that we never saw it and shame what happened to Paul. Seemed to be a good guy, hope he is doing fine nowadays and has enough money to live comfortably
Disturbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:06 PM #10
Boxing Virtuoso

Quoted: 508 Post(s)
JK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 78,840,609,200,496,607,232.00
Total Points: 78,840,609,200,496,640,000.00
keep up the good work champ - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - dan_cov Cheers mate - Chrismart Cheers - BoxingIsGreat Much respect, homie!!! - travestyny 

Respect to Paul Williams he was a tough guy and fun fighter to watch but I think Canelo would’ve countered the hell out of him and maybe even stopped him. Paul was too predictable and didn’t switch up his attack much. Would’ve been a good fight for the first 4-6 rounds then Canelo would’ve figured out his timing just like Martinez did and won clearly I think. Good fight though. To me Canelo-Martinez would’ve been a better fight just because of his ability to move and do different things in there. Like use his legs.
JK1700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
alvarez, canelo, paul, williams

User Tag List