Old 10-24-2017, 05:33 AM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
MarvellousMike is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,093.85
Default Protecting ear drums

Hi everyone,

So I have been boxing around 20 years now but in the last 5 years I've started to perforate my eardrum easily when getting hit during sparring. In order to try and help I purchased a decent Winning headguard with ear straps and it was fine for a while but I have just done it again.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can further protect my ear? i have heard of people inserting cotton wool into the ear etc... So I just wondered if anyone had experience with this?

before anyone says 'Try to get hit less' I have been doing that for 20 years! haha
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by MarvellousMike; 10-24-2017 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Forgot tags :(
MarvellousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-25-2017, 03:47 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2117 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,229,396.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousMike View Post
Hi everyone,

So I have been boxing around 20 years now but in the last 5 years I've started to perforate my eardrum easily when getting hit during sparring. In order to try and help I purchased a decent Winning headguard with ear straps and it was fine for a while but I have just done it again.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can further protect my ear? i have heard of people inserting cotton wool into the ear etc... So I just wondered if anyone had experience with this?

before anyone says 'Try to get hit less' I have been doing that for 20 years! haha
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Thanks guys!
Hard to say if you busted your eardrum even with headgear on.

Have you tried to track down any specialty equipment with extra padding?
OctoberRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
ear

User Tag List