No announcement yet.

Jorge Linares is Good but not Great!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorge Linares is Good but not Great!

Linares has fantastic Elite Skills but i'm afriad to say when it comes to showing them off in a Boxing Ring, we only see it for a round or two and then he goes back to just being a Good rather then Great Boxer.

A great Boxer will Dominate his opponent once he has them beat, the problem with Linares is that he seemed too impressed by his work and just goes into auto pilot mode which allows his opponent back into the fight and even allow's them a chance at KO'ing him.

We saw that last night against Campbell, a fight he should have won easily and also against Crolla in the first fight and to an extent the second one too.

Same thing happened versus Antonio Demarco.

He also doesn't have any Great wins...Crolla and Campbell are just Top 15 guys, nothing special. Same with Cano, Mitchell and Prieto.

His best win is still his first World Title fight against Oscar Larios and that was 10 Years ago back in 2007

I'm a fan but i just don't think he'd do that well against Elite guys in or around 135lbs Lightweight like Gervonta Davis, Mikey Garcia, Robert Easter Jr, Miguel Berchelt and Lomachenko

I also would give Orlando Salido, Terry Flanagan, Richard Commey and Raymundo Beltran a very good chance against him.

lol hes not even good

Comment

I don't know why people expected him to beat Campbell 'easily'.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
        lol hes not even good
        Well i was being Nice lol but he has moments of looking Good.

Great fighters don't struggle with ordinary fighters like Campbell and Crolla.

Gervonta Davis would have iced those bums inside 6 rds.

Great fighters don't lose to ordinary guys like Sergio Thompson, Antonio DeMarco and Juan Salgado.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Because Campbell isn't very good...at least as a Pro.

Gervonta Davis would have ko'd him inside 6 rds.

Comment

I don't see how anyone can disagree with you really.

Comment

People who have been taken in by Sky sports gushing over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                Because Campbell isn't very good...at least as a Pro.

Gervonta Davis would have ko'd him inside 6 rds.
                I doubt that too.

Outside of a stinker against Mendy and patches in his fight against Tommy Coyle Campbell has looked good to me. I'm not surprised he is at least capable at that level.

Mikey Garcia would knock him out but that's Mikey Garcia. He's brilliant.

Comment

i thought linares would beat him quite easy tbh. Combination of maybe me overrating linares based on beating recent, limited opposition, and thinking campbell is worse than he is. But thinking about it, linares was probably quite a nice, technical style for campbell to fight against. I think if he fought another pressure fighter with good pop, he'd get stopped again. Said before the fight that hes similar to khan and i stand by that, frail vulnerable fighter with good skills.

Comment

I agree that he isn't great and I don't think his skills are fantastic, just good. You said 5 lightweights would beat him and when you are the 6th best guy in your weight class you aren't great.

Comment

Working...
                    X