• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten Middleweights of All Time

The list is in the link.

Tell me what you think.

Seems pretty accurate to me.

And of course, can GGG ever crack this list?

http://ucnlive.com/the-pugil-list-th...s-of-all-time/

Depends on criteria, like how can that list have Hopkins and not Roy Jones who was a clearly better fighter and beat Hopkins at middleweight?

And it's nearly impossible to compare guys like greb vs guys like Hopkins, as the sport is completely different now

Overall that list seems solid, no way has a guy like ggg done enough to crack it yet. Middleweight is just too deep historically

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Depends on criteria, like how can that list have Hopkins and not Roy Jones who was a clearly better fighter and beat Hopkins at middleweight?

And it's nearly impossible to compare guys like greb vs guys like Hopkins, as the sport is completely different now

Overall that list seems solid, no way has a guy like ggg done enough to crack it yet. Middleweight is just too deep historically
      Yes, GGG is not nearly there yet and may never be.

However, I will say that while Jones did beat Hopkins at 160, Roy really didn't spend much of his career there. If he has a legacy in a division, I would think 175 where he spent most of his career. He was at 160 from what? 89-94? Won one of the belts, made a few easy defenses and moved up. Hopkins was there from 1990-2005, made twenty defenses and unified the titles. Hopkins should have the edge in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        Yes, GGG is not nearly there yet and may never be.

However, I will say that while Jones did beat Hopkins at 160, Roy really didn't spend much of his career there. If he has a legacy in a division, I would think 175 where he spent most of his career. He was at 160 from what? 89-94? Won one of the belts, made a few easy defenses and moved up. Hopkins was there from 1990-2005, made twenty defenses and unified the titles. Hopkins should have the edge in this one.
        That's why I said it's all about criteria because the best middleweight fighters may not have the longest resume at that weight

Mw h2h list and Roy is top 3, but base it on resume and he probably doesn't crack top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          That's why I said it's all about criteria because the best middleweight fighters may not have the longest resume at that weight

Mw h2h list and Roy is top 3, but base it on resume and he probably doesn't crack top 20.
          Oh yeah.

I understand, man.

Comment

Working...
          X