Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no wheelchair boxing in the Paralympics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there no wheelchair boxing in the Paralympics?

I'd pay good money to see two cripples knocking hell out of each other in a ring.

Cotto would fake being in a wheelchair to get a piece of the action, judging by how much he dined out on beating a disabled Martinez.

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    I'd pay good money to see two cripples knocking hell out of each other in a ring.

Cotto would fake being in a wheelchair to get a piece of the action, judging by how much he dined out on beating a disabled Martinez.
    Why not? Knee-guel Cotto has no problem with lowering himself.

Comment

brush might know something about this

Comment

In all seriousness, there is wheelchair hoops. And all 4 grand slams of tennis (Aus., French, & US Opens, as well as Wimby) have a wheelchair event. I'm sure something can be arranged for Boxing, as well. Obviously, some allowances could be made. I guess All Fights would be 4 rounds.

Comment

Because the human body is not really set up to do that, how many cats have long enough arms to get out past their knees to actually land punches on another sitting person.

I mean are they going to go old school ships of the line and pull up side by side and fight it out, because a dude is not going to be able to move and throw punches at the same time and that sort of position would actually put them both in range.

Or I guess they could go Robot Wars style and have them have a partner that drive them around the ring while they attack with their hands. Which would be interesting to watch but......

Comment

I would prefer if they gave them baseball bats to make up for the reach disadvantage and watch them go at it. That would be hella fun to watch. Maybe add a little padding to the exterior of the bats but not much.

Comment

wheelchair kickboxing would be best

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Because the human body is not really set up to do that, how many cats have long enough arms to get out past their knees to actually land punches on another sitting person.

I mean are they going to go old school ships of the line and pull up side by side and fight it out, because a dude is not going to be able to move and throw punches at the same time and that sort of position would actually put them both in range.

Or I guess they could go Robot Wars style and have them have a partner that drive them around the ring while they attack with their hands. Which would be interesting to watch but......
                Yeah, obviously there's a few kinks to iron out in terms of how it'll work but if we can put men into space or the moon, i'm sure we can find a way for two mongs to have a tear up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

Originally posted by G G G View Post
                  I would prefer if they gave them baseball bats to make up for the reach disadvantage and watch them go at it. That would be hella fun to watch. Maybe add a little padding to the exterior of the bats but not much.
                  I like all of these ideas! Ya, Fred Flintstone style, with baseball bats!
                  Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys0sWcLUNc0

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    Yeah, obviously there's a few kinks to iron out in terms of how it'll work but if we can put men into space or the moon, i'm sure we can find a way for two mongs to have a tear up.
                    You could have the answer there, put them in zero gravity, then letem tear it up

Comment

Working...
                    X