No announcement yet.

Why did everyone ignore how bad KOvalev looked vs Chilemba

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did everyone ignore how bad KOvalev looked vs Chilemba

kovalev looked like **** couldn't hit anything and was getting hit by chilemba jab. also tired as phuck.

ya'll just wrote it off. he overrrated. just a puncher nothing more.

I don't think it was overlooked, Kovalev was just given the benefit of the doubt. People thought he wasn't at his best that night, an off night. It happens.

Comment

Because Kovalev fought at the Arena where he killed a man. So peoplw thought it was mentally bothering him

Comment

I guess because he arguably beat Ward the first time around and should have gotten the decision.

Comment

The writing was on the wall.

Similar to how the writing is on the wall for Canelo-GGG but people are ignoring it.

Comment

Kovalev convicingly won 8-9 rounds and dropped Chilemba, who has not been dropped before as a pro. And Chilemba was not a bum to begin with, he was in the top 10 LHW at the time, with an elusive/defensive/counter-attack style. Then Kovalev potentially won the first fight against the now #1 p4p guy, and lost rematch, that up until the stoppage was a fight that Kovalev was winning by at least a point, at least up until the 8th round. So tell me more about how Kovalev sucked.

Comment

Kovalev has fought at 175 his whole career. I began noticing that he would get tired and wear down since the Chilemba fight.

It's been a little difficult for him in the last year to get down to 175.

But it is what it is. Ward was the better fighter on June 17th. I had Kovalev winning the first fight barely. Ward won a good majority of those rounds in the second half of the fight in the first fight. But I had Kovalev winning the first fight. Ward definitely fought better the second fight and was better of the two.

Kovalev is likely moving up to Cruiserweight now to finish his career at Cruiser. We'll see how he does there, it's going to be tough, that's a 25 pound jump.

Comment

Also chilembas arms are about 8" longer than wards, thought it was an aberration.

Comment

Because Chilemba is extremely hard to look good against? He's very crafty with a high ring IQ and very hard too hit clean.

Nobody had beat Chilemba decisively prior.

Comment

Once someone loses on this site, they become instant bums.
                    Never judge a mans boxing career until it ends.
                    And let's not judge him following a devastating loss, poor time to judge. Clouds judgment

Comment

Working...
                    X