No announcement yet.

Since Floyd retired...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since Floyd retired...

I've been saying this for about a year, the welterweight division is actually overrated with the exception of Spence. Think about who's in the division now, Garcia who should be fighting at 140,Broner hopefully he moves down,Porter who can't box,Berto who is past his prime along with Pacquiao, Thurman who basically been fighting once a year and Brook and Spence who should be fighting in a higher weight class,because they see they can dominant the welterweight division is why they fighting in this division, which I can't blame them for doing. But guys this is a overrated division living off of Floyds reputation. The division that should be getting the attention is 154 and 160,hopefully they will get their exposure sooner than later

That's a reach. There's a lot (A LOT) of solid names. Just because they aren't a bunch of Floyds, now they're all trash??

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      That's a reach. There's a lot (A LOT) of solid names. Just because they aren't a bunch of Floyds, now they're all trash??
      I semi agree with him, but also disagree. Theyre very good fighters, I think it comes down to a lot of very good no great fighters hypes the division up. That said it's still one of the most solid divisions in boxing in the moment without a doubt.

Comment

Yea, they all bums. The whole welter division is full of bums.

Comment

Originally posted by dalvecc View Post
          the welterweight division is actually overrated with the exception of Spence.
          Are you kidding me?

Comment

Well it is less talented because you can't replace a guy like Floyd. Manny aging bring it down a notch also in that regard as well.

Still I would say the division is much more interesting now because there is movement and it is sorting itself out. With Floyd and Manny at the top it was a mature division that was sorted and settled, getting to the top was easy beat one of those two. Beating Manny is still pretty meaningful, but getting to the top of the division is a more winding road that involves beating a bunch of guys. It is less predictable now.

Comment

I agreee. Aside from Brook and Spence I have virtually no interest in WW. I think Thurman is a good fighter, but I don't think he's the goods.

Crawford at 140 is probably my current favorite fighter. Loma is up there too.

Anyhow LHW is the best division RIGHT NOW with LW being second. Kovy, Ward, Stevenson, Beterbiev, Smith Jr., and a host of contenders at LHW means we got good fights coming for years. LW is a similar situation where there's a host of contenders that are good and lots of talent

Comment

And Floyd barely fought any of them

Comment

I've been saying this for about a year, the welterweight division is actually overrated with the exception of Spence. Think about who's in the division now, Garcia who should be fighting at 140,Broner hopefully he moves down,Porter who can't box,Berto who is past his prime along with Pacquiao, Thurman who basically been fighting once a year and Brook and Spence who should be fighting in a higher weight class,because they see they can dominant the welterweight division is why they fighting in this division, which I can't blame them for doing. But guys this is a overrated division living off of Floyds reputation. The division that should be getting the attention is 154 and 160,hopefully they will get their exposure sooner than later
                  Overrated? Dude you trippin. There is more match ups you can make at 147 than you can at 154-160. You must have a favorite in those two divisions....

Comment

How the **** can you say with the exception of spence? We have no clue if spence is legit yet hes still a prospect. WHo has he beaten? Algieri? See how he does vs Brook first before making statements like that

Comment

Working...
                    X