Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Member Lounges > The Limey Lounge

Old 05-24-2006, 02:01 PM
!! Anorak

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0
Default The Batty Count

You know the score by now, I look at all that's batty in the world of boxing and write about it. A bit like David Griesman's "10 Count", only with the word "batty boy" in it several times.

1. Floyd Mayweather, the #1 P4P fighter (a theoretical postulation by boxing journalists, not actually anything achieved in the ring) with the curious ability to avoid competitive match-ups, has been ordered to fight mandatory Mark Suarez in place of Judah. Rumours (that I've just made up) have it that Floyd is intending to carry on with his current career trajectory by enticing Willie Pep out of retirement. That's if Pep doesn't "price himself out of the fight" first. It's proper bum batty!

2. Castillo-Coralles III, already dubbed by HBO as "The Battle of the Cheating Amigos" (except I've just made it up) is hotting up. My prediction is that Coralles will try to one-up Castillo this time by coming in to fight weighing 168lbs. However, Castillo will rip the piss out of him in the second round by spitting out his gumshield fifty times in retaliation. The whole thing will get called off by the ref when they spend the sixth round flicking each other's love potatoes with wet towels.

3. Prince Nazeem Hamed - a man who writes to say "sorry about that" after breaking every bone in your body with his car - has revealed that his incarceration into prison won't stop his boxing comeback. Apparently when it's shower time the Prince is due to experience plenty of pounding in the ring.

4. Just when Wlad Klitschko thought he'd sewn up the "gaylord of the year" awards with his golden tinsel/kool and the gang shenanigans last time out, Luis Collazo ups the fairy ante by pushing Hatton like a six-year-old girl at the end of the first round of their title fight. While Collazo greatly increased his profile and gave Hatton an extremely competitive fight, it's rumoured that he plans to come in to his next bout to Elton John, wearing a pink feather boa. When the ref asks him if he has "any questions", Collazo says he'll reply "Oooooh, get you, sailor! Give us a kiss!"

5. Finally, PPV madness is upon us once more. Cotto continues his "please don't hit my chin" tour with another light puncher, Tarver-Hopkins isn't being announced as "two old farts will eek out a 12-round feinting competition", surprisingly - and Roy Jones Jr. is back under the PPV banner. Back when Roy was at his peak he couldn't get on PPV for love nor money. Now he's old and ****ed you can't get him off the thing. Could it be that people are prepared to part with $50 just to see him sparked again? "Y'all must've forgot... I was flat on my back."
Old 05-24-2006, 06:27 PM
!! Anorak

Boxstarr has pmed me to say that there might be a glitch in this thread, as he can't reply to it.

I imagine 50,000 people wanted to say it was the best thread ever, but couldn't...
Old 05-24-2006, 06:38 PM
PBDS
RIP D

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21538 PBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond reputePBDS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,467,976.34
Total Points: 5,403,692.96
share a bottle of wine with me? - Blood_Child Wlad is #1! - Mike Tyson77 Wlad KO11 Thompson!!!! - Mike Tyson77 Cheers to Wlad! - Tunney Great win! - !! Mr. Soprano 
.....His Mom is still living at 96 and she's sharper than you are right now. - Bendigo Here's that beer I promised you. - The_Bringer Pop Bottles for the Rays!!!!! - Mike06j770 Vitali rules. I hope your stream is better next time. - BatTheMan Vitali!!!! - Mike Tyson77 
Merry Christmas - msagrain Merry Christmas Pat!!!! - Blood_Child Top Dog!! - Welter_Skelter Cheers to Vitali! - Marciano 49-0 Vitali wins!!! - Mike Tyson77 
Sorry we got off on the wrong foot... no need to take things that seriously. - reedickyaluss No Message - Dick Valentine Cool cat, funny poster. Have a drink on me homey. - mangler A lord of boxingscene - frankenfrank 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler 

.....Jesus christ you must have the whole world blocked. Speaking of Batty boys.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:38 PM
!! Anorak

Boxstarr pmed me to say he can't reply to it. I've only got about six people on my ignore list, and there VERY obvious and very worthy contenders.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:34 PM
EXIGE

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21510 EXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 229,801.00

I believe it was a mistake, Anorak. Perhaps one done by the forum...

There is a thread in the Thunderdome named "Anorak" where Fix et al are complaining about it... Unless they are part of your 6 which I dont think they are, then its an error in the system somewhere...
Old 05-26-2006, 01:12 PM
!! Anorak

Cheers for the heads up, Exige, I'll have to look into it.

Yeah, I won't name the six - if there's that many - but they're very obvious and probably on the ignore list of about half the forum anyway.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:18 PM
The Noose
AKA Bologna Panini

Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Rep Power: 351 The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,000,000,101,300,948,992.00
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 why do you have "Isla del Encanta" in your location? - -jose- 
Merry Christmas! - Amazinger 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Anorak
love potatoes
And the thing about Prince getting a pounding in his arse! ****ing genius my lad.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:37 AM
!! Anorak

Cheers mate.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:59 AM
2nd II none
I came to bring the pain

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21534 2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute2nd II none has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,710.73
Total Points: 713,125.63
Suck my ass. - jack_the_rippuh RIP Brother.. - !! AI-Holmes!! R.I.P - TRUTHVITO 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Send a message via AIM to 2nd II none

Anorak, pure gold my friend,pure gold.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List