No announcement yet.

Netflix/Marvel's Iron Fist [Minor Spoilers]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix/Marvel's Iron Fist [Minor Spoilers]

I finished Iron Fist, this is my brief take.

If you haven't seen it you can read until the red font:

Overall, I enjoyed it and thought it was unfairly reviewed. Do not pay any attention to the 17% on Rotten T, look at the user scores 81% and the 7.5/10 on IMDB. I would say this show is a 7.5/10...binge watch worthy. Hippy media seems to have an agenda and that's why RT and Metacritic have low scores for this show.

First let me start with the critique of hipsters: "Iron Fist should've been an Asian American"

This is really, really stupid. So a superhero that was created as a white man has to be an Asian American? Look, if you want a minority as a super hero, make your own good one and have it published or else shut up with the gay/black/woman change in superheroes. Go out there and make an original one and stop piggybacking off of established one's.

Minor spoilers ahead: Stop reading here if you haven't seen it.

Okay now my take on the show:

Cast:
    Great cast, I saw nothing wrong with it. In fact I loved the cast, I thought the character, "Ward" (Tom Pelphrey), was the shows strongest character though. I've seen him on Banshee too. It was a very good cast in general.

The shows weakness:
    Too much confusion on who the show wanted to make the fans believe is the bad guy.

Daredevil had Kingpin. There's no mystery there.

Jessica Jones' Kilgrave (David Tennant) has so far been one of the best Marvel Netflix characters and you knew he was the bad guy.

Luke Cage's Cottonmouth was clearly the "bad" guy and probably the fanfavorite of all series' from the fan reception i've seen.

Iron Fist had me like okay...who's the main bad guy? Ward? Harold? Gao? Bakuto? They should've done a better job at establishing the main bad guy early, and also not add other bad guys to then give the show a bloating feeling.

Saw it. Don't know about the comics. I like the 1st few episodes, the rest are a bit boring. The Asian chick is hot, I was hoping they'd show her **** but I don't think Netflix series do that.

Comment

And lol at that black chick, forgot her name, always present in daredevil, Luke cage and iron fist.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
        Saw it. Don't know about the comics. I like the 1st few episodes, the rest are a bit boring. The Asian chick is hot, I was hoping they'd show her **** but I don't think Netflix series do that.
        She has a nice ass for sure. In GoT you couldn't tell, but with those tight pants she wears in Iron Fist you could see it.

She's one of the Sand Snakes in GoT.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
          And lol at that black chick, forgot her name, always present in daredevil, Luke cage and iron fist.
          Rosario Dawson, I think she's Puerto Rican. I bet she will be important in getting them together in The Defenders.

Comment

I've never heard of Iron Fist as a superhero so I'm lost with this show & never watched it. Whats it about? Whats his superpower or whatever? What enjoyable about it?

Cool to hear that the guy from Banshee got a solid gig post-Banshee. Lotsa fun cats on that show that I look forward to seeing in other shows.

Comment

I agree and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was unfairly reviewed. I was hesitant to watch it because of so many bad reviews but I enjoyed it and look forward to seeing this same cast in the Defenders.

I really like Jessica Henwick. She adds a lot to this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I've never heard of Iron Fist as a superhero so I'm lost with this show & never watched it. Whats it about? Whats his superpower or whatever? What enjoyable about it?

Cool to hear that the guy from Banshee got a solid gig post-Banshee. Lotsa fun cats on that show that I look forward to seeing in other shows.
                I've never heard of Iron Fist either, Netflix was my first intro to the superhero.

Iron Fist has your typical super hero story. Danny Rand was born in in NYC. He was in a plane crash with his billionaire father and his mother in the Himalayas(spelling), his parents died, but shocker...little 10 year old Danny Rand survived. Danny then gets raised by monks and learns how to kick and punch like Bruce Lee. He gets chosen by some mysterious power to be Iron Fist.

His powers so far: He can concentrate his "chi" or energy into his fist and punch really hard with it, like he can break down walls. He also has healing powers. He is shown to have way above average acrobatic abilities as shown in the first episode when he completely dodged a yellow cab by flipping in the air. He's great at martial arts too, pretty much a master. He's not invincible though, like he can die from bullet wounds. He can also be drugged. He's still human basically.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I've never heard of Iron Fist either, Netflix was my first intro to the superhero.

Iron Fist has your typical super hero story. Danny Rand was born in in NYC. He was in a plane crash with his billionaire father and his mother in the Himalayas(spelling), his parents died, but shocker...little 10 year old Danny Rand survived. Danny then gets raised by monks and learns how to kick and punch like Bruce Lee. He gets chosen by some mysterious power to be Iron Fist.

His powers so far: He can concentrate his "chi" or energy into his fist and punch really hard with it, like he can break down walls. He also has healing powers. He is shown to have way above average acrobatic abilities as shown in the first episode when he completely dodged a yellow cab by flipping in the air. He's great at martial arts too, pretty much a master. He's not invincible though, like he can die from bullet wounds. He can also be drugged. He's still human basically.
                  So he's Jackie Chan with dead parents? Eh. Glad I didn't waste time & watch an episode now, but thanks for your take on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    I agree and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was unfairly reviewed. I was hesitant to watch it because of so many bad reviews but I enjoyed it and look forward to seeing this same cast in the Defenders.

I really like Jessica Henwick. She adds a lot to this show.
                    Yeah I think this show added yet another great set of supporting characters to the Netflix Marvel universe. Unfortunately only Danny Rand and Colleen Wing will be in The Defenders from Iron Fist. Well according to IMDB's cast list. But tbf it looks like The Defenders will be only 8 episodes and focus more on the 4 superheroes rather than bloating **** up.

Comment

Working...
                    X