Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 03-20-2017, 07:34 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Bygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond reputeBygeorge has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 48,790.83
Default California waiter refused to serve 4 Latinas until he saw proof of residency

Quote:
It was girls’ day out, and Diana Carrillo had abandoned her desire to eat healthy well before she, her sister and two friends got to the Southern California restaurant. The destination: Saint Marc, an upscale spot in the seaside city of Huntington Beach, where Carrillo had been once before.

As the waiter walked up to the table, Carrillo figured she’d splurge on the grilled-cheese sandwich and pay the $2 up-charge to add some of the restaurant’s signature bacon. To start, maybe she’d share a watermelon and cheese plate with her sister and friends.

But the mood soured quickly after the waiter appeared. Before he could serve the four Latina women, he said, they needed to show proof of residency. “I need to make sure you’re from here,” he said.

Flummoxed, the four women handed over their IDs. But as what was happening sank in, they fumed. “I looked at my sister and [my friend], and I said, did he really just say that?”

A few moments later, they walked over to the manager and told him what had happened.

He offered them a separate section and his business card to make things right — but they had already decided to leave.

Still livid a few hours later, Carrillo, a 24-year-old business analyst from Orange County, Calif., posted about the incident on Facebook:
For a few seconds I thought maybe he was being a smart a– or joking but the fact that he said ‘I need to make sure you’re from here before I serve you’ was completely unacceptable.
How many others has he said this too? I hope this employee is reprimanded for his actions. No establishment should tolerate discriminatory actions from their employees. PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

People did. In a week, Carrillo’s post had been shared more than 600 times, and more than 100 people had posted comments.

Seeing the social media backlash, the restaurant’s management contacted Carrillo that Monday. They offered a VIP experience at the restaurant and pledged to donate 10 percent of the weekend’s proceeds to a nonprofit organization of the group’s choice. The four women declined the lavish meal, but asked that the restaurant donate the money to Orange County Immigrant Youth United.

Kent Bearden, the senior director of operations at Saint Marc, told The Washington Post that the waiter who had asked for the women’s IDs had been fired. It was the first time the employee had done anything like this, Bearden said, and he “had never received so much as a write-up” before.

“I don’t know if he had an agenda or not,” said Bearden. “My concern is he violated a company policy. We’re very specific about how we treat out guests. That individual did not treat a table of guests to the expectations that we set forth in that company policy, and that caused him to be terminated.”

Bearden stressed that the employee’s actions “are something that you can’t control. The true measure is how you then handle it as a company. I feel very proud of our team and how we tried to take a proactive approach, trying to create a positive out of this situation.”

Carrillo said she’d been warned about this kind of treatment by her parents but had never experienced it firsthand. She told The Post that she wondered if the employee’s insulting request was a result of “who is President.”

The Southern Poverty Law Center recorded nearly 1,100 “bias-related incidents” in the month after President Trump’s election, including 125 in California. The group says such acts of harassment and intimidation have tapered off since then.

Carrillo’s parents both immigrated to the United States and still speak with accents. They worked hard to raise four girls, said Carrillo, who spent two years of high school in boarding school in New Hampshire.

Still, her mother said she worried about the discrimination her daughters would face. “She always told us, ‘I can handle discrimination,’” Carrillo said. “I know it’s part of my life.” She still remembers her mother telling stories of people making fun of her for not speaking proper English.

Hoping to not dredge up painful feelings, she decided not to tell her mother about the incident at the fancy restaurant.

“I actually didn’t tell her,” Carrillo told The Post. “I didn’t want to upset her. But she saw it on Facebook, and she called me the same day. I forgot she had Facebook.”
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Bygeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 PM #2
Cut the Music!

Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 998,839,123,331,224,305,664.00
Total Points: 998,839,123,431,224,377,344.00
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker 
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker 
No Message - Willy Wanker here's another one to help the cause - -jose- lol - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear Lounge ATG - Mike D 
From Brandi with Love! - BoxingFan85 Just because. - DionysusX my ni gga - STAX ON DECK Looking forward to the fight man ? Who you rooting for ? - ScottWeiland happy father's day (in the event your creampie was loaded, lol) - DionysusX 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

This isn't racism, they just weren't dressed slutty enough.
Willy Wanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:44 PM #3
Loma is inside you

Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Lomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,013,654.06
No Message - Lomasexual 

In California it would be more believable if he refused to serve them unless they proved they were homosexuals.
Lomasexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:53 PM #4
Boxing is Life

Quoted: 13005 Post(s)
larryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond reputelarryxxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,474,957,990,438,353,175,052,288.00
Total Points: 6,475,035,770,472,530,815,483,904.00
Cheers Larry - Beercules No Message - krazyn8tive Pretend it's Floyd Phaggot.  I'd carve your face like a pizza you fake gangster pussy. - El-blanco Use it on Floyd Phaggot.  I'd carve your face like a pizza you fake gangster pussy. - El-blanco Happy Holidays! - KOVALBOXER 
No Message - Scott.Weiland. You're a good sport. - Scott.Weiland. Great fight. - Scott.Weiland. No Message - WWEwhcHHHsuKJar Happy Birthday :) - Hype job 
just put that dude on ignore man, he's a creepy virgin no need to waste time on him - Sup Here's some popcorn for Kov-Ward, cheers! - King Krusher No Message - Scott. Weiland Seasons Greetings an all the best for 2017 - Freedom. for when you can't find a man to do it - Freedom. 
What you did to those men in prison is disgusting - Freedom. some FRUIT for a FRUIT who lay with men in prison - Freedom. small banana just like Floyds penis - boxz happy father's day - DionysusX boo hoo hoo, lol, larry is upset on the internet once again, lol, low self esteem, lol,  cry me a river, lol, god bless you lil homie - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Scott-Weiland Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas 

them some fine ass ladies..dude needs his ass kicked
larryxxx. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:54 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1668 Post(s)
boxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,481,856,121,090,418.50
Total Points: 3,481,856,121,133,610.00
I appreciate the vote - -jose- I appreciate the vote - -jose- Don't ever call me a NI GGER again - Mr McDowell 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomasexual View Post
In California it would be more believable if he refused to serve them unless they proved they were Lomosexuals.
Fixed it for you
boxinghead530 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
FinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 143,275.44
You racist piece of 5hit - Mr McDowell 

They dont look too bad. I bet that waiter is some 40yr old virgin white guy
FinitoxDinamita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:00 PM #7
HATERS GONNA HATE

Quoted: 5860 Post(s)
!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute!WAR CHAVEZ! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 592,505,074,980,129,079,296.00
Total Points: 597,505,074,980,179,279,872.00
No Message - -jose- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER Boss Hogg Cartel - LoadedWraps bad ass sig and avi..... - Santa_ For Kovalev & Rocky 4 - BKM- 
WAR KILLER KOV!! - Dean_Razorback lol good one! :beerchug: - -jose- uno cerveza - Omowale Tribe Hahaha, good stuff. - Santa_ welcome back vato loco - Tago Nang Tago 
:beerchug: - -jose- 

what dumb whores and you showed proof. idiots gave into his demands that were meant to belittle you tsk tsk tsk.
!WAR CHAVEZ! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:03 PM #8
Cut the Music!

Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 998,839,123,331,224,305,664.00
Total Points: 998,839,123,431,224,377,344.00
No Message - Willy Wanker here's another one to help the cause - -jose- lol - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear Lounge ATG - Mike D 
From Brandi with Love! - BoxingFan85 Just because. - DionysusX my ni gga - STAX ON DECK Looking forward to the fight man ? Who you rooting for ? - ScottWeiland happy father's day (in the event your creampie was loaded, lol) - DionysusX 

Waiter would have been in less trouble if he asked the ladies to show their tits instead.
Willy Wanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:11 PM #9
Mint Milana

Quoted: 10464 Post(s)
Beercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 58,704,735,555,335,776.00
Total Points: 281,504,178,906,537,033,728.00
Have a safe one B! - -jose- Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For being you :) - AlexKid War Kovalev!! Cheers - Kovalev #1 Vote Trump 2016! - Hype job 
Try some Heady Topper! - ..,Krusher,.. :beerchug: cheers broski! - -jose- Happy Cinco De Mayo. Lets get wasted. - Santa_ Big Pun 4eva!!!! son! - -jose- Canelo>GGG - HiLo Rudyo! 
Boxing Scene's sweetheart - dirty fingers That Floyd-Ward post was hysterical.. lol - BoxingFan85 You funny ass motherf**ker - Mike D Keep up the GREAT POSTS! - anthonydavid11 This avatar is driving me fucking nuts - PF Rudyo 
Trump baby!  Cheers bro - krazyn8tive Being a well respected member of boxingscene society - JimRaynor I'm digging the Xmas thread!  :fing02: - -jose- I just finished getting over some fcuked virus myself, hope you feel better B! - -jose- kangz an shiiieeeett - Sup 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - jas Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas Hepatitis C - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Beercules Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Amazinger 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wanker View Post
Waiter would have been in less trouble if he asked the ladies to show their tits instead.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
exactly what I would do
Beercules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:14 PM #10
deicide

Quoted: 5354 Post(s)
-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 129,453,919,742,512,467,017,728.00
Total Points: 129,588,279,986,292,118,257,664.00
Old School Thread - -jose- From your pal, BeerBro - Beercules damn son! you one handsome fellow! and with all do respect...Wow!!! that girl you with is Bad!!! definitely wifey material. - -jose- Sorry for the my in the moment RED K, here is a medal. - BrushMyHair that shit was funny bro :lol1: I literally cracked up - -jose- 
Congrats on the Raiders homey! - Mike D congrats.on your first win - -jose- Merry Christmas -MAK - -jose- Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thank You for the Info - Enayze 
Thanks Mak. You are a legend mate - 1lparm you deserve an ice cream cone after that good deed - -jose- cheers to a fellow Pac fan and all around great poster - Mike D SportsCenter huh ? LMAO ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Keep this between me and you but that post you put on the Cotto lil brother/Canelo thread almost made my Dunkaccino come out my nose :lol1: - -jose- 
No green...Yeah I know.....Typical ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Random beer while I'm passing through. - ßringer Medal of Honor - jazluvr Merry Christmas MAK... - TBear Sorry to hear about you Aunt - HughJass 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jim Jeffries 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - dans01234 Head and Neck Cancer - PensionKiller 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
They dont look too bad. I bet that waiter is some 40yr old virgin white guy

so now we know where Hectari works
-MAKAVELLI- is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
california, proof, refused, residency, serve, waiter, women

User Tag List