Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luke Campbell: I Want Mendy Rematch, Want To Make Him Suffer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luke Campbell: I Want Mendy Rematch, Want To Make Him Suffer

Luke Campbell has a desire to be the best. The Hull lightweight, who is the current custodian of the Commonwealth and WBC Silver titles, made a successful defence of the latter crown on Saturday in his home city. Campbell (16-1, 13 KOs) dismantled Mexico's Jairo Lopez (now 21-7 with 14 early) inside two rounds, finishing him off with a classy uppercut, to retain his number three ranking with the WBC, live on Sky Sports at the Hull Ice Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It took Campbell 4 fights to pluck up the confidence to even entertain the rematch. Mendy will beat him again, Campbell thinks he's better than he is.

Comment

Good to see Campbell wanting this rematch. He had big problems trying to cope with Mendy's physical strength first time around and lot of fighters in Campbell's position would have looked to dodge a repeat. The mental side of the game is huge. Mendy would be tough again but Luke has improved as a fighter since working with Rubio and getting revenge on the Frenchman, maybe in style, cleans the slate and clears his head. Then on to title business. I believe Campbell beats Flanagan. Two southpaws doing much the same thing, but Campbell does it sharper, better.

Comment

Salute to Campbell for wanting to fix this up. You can tell it means the world to him. Mendy didn't get any easier so he needs to be ready as ever. And it's also good to prep him for achieving his dream of world honors.

Comment

Fair play to him wanting the rematch. Good to see in fact.

Comment

I would like to see the rematch as well, see how much Campbell has progressed

Comment

Campbell/Mendy II would be fantastic, but failing that how about Campbell VS Scott Cardle on April 15th @ Glasgow? (winner to fight Edis Tatli)!

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                It took Campbell 4 fights to pluck up the confidence to even entertain the rematch. Mendy will beat him again, Campbell thinks he's better than he is.
                A lot of guys at all levels avoid rematches at all costs. Give him credit for wanting to reverse the loss, especially against a guy with over 35 fights.
                Last edited by richardt; 02-27-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X