Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 05-12-2006, 10:44 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond reputelil rocky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,298.00
Default what should i work towards

im 5'6" and weigh 157 lbs. and im stocky and built but still have body fat that im trying to lose. but i was wondering for my size should i go for power or speed in boxing. any help is appreciated.
lil rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-12-2006, 10:54 PM #2
NOV. 3, NEW CHAMPION

ferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,111,198.63
Total Points: 6,410,188.48
Cheers to Margarito! - Tunney ĦArriba Margarito! - Puas 

develope your style first, if you already have then what punch do you like throwing the most?

i have always liked for a fighter to use the jab with both offense and defense so i would work on this

and about weight just keep working out and running of course
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:51 AM #3
Contender

ricecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,565.00

To early to develop a style when you are learning basics. After you get in shape and learn the basics you will get your chance to try many styles and see what firs you best.

Big mistake some guys make is they don't try to learn basics and try to jump into build a "style" or focus on a strength.
ricecrispi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:10 AM #4
Interim Champion

LightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 39,046.53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecrispi
To early to develop a style when you are learning basics. After you get in shape and learn the basics you will get your chance to try many styles and see what firs you best.

Big mistake some guys make is they don't try to learn basics and try to jump into build a "style" or focus on a strength.
true...i was boxing for 4 months...pickin this **** up real fast...then all of the sudden my basics got sloppy because i was trying to throw fancy **** like fake and upjabs slip in up jabs...bunch of different stuff...now im back to normal jsut working on my fundamentals...took me a while ot pick out my style..depending on your fundamentals some things work for yo somethigns dont...lerarn the basics then figure out wich style you like
LightsOut Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:55 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
PunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 44,042.61

Speed AND power!
PunchDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List