Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Tyson fight?
Marvis Frazier. 0 0%
Trevor Berbick. 5 31.25%
Pinklon Thomas. 0 0%
Larry Holmes. 1 6.25%
Michael Spinks. 3 18.75%
Donovan Razor Ruddock I 0 0%
Donovan Razor Ruddock II 0 0%
Frank Bruno I 2 12.50%
Frank Bruno II 0 0%
Other. 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2006, 06:04 AM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,075.00
Send a message via MSN to UnderControl-
Default Mike Tyson Appreciation thread.

Michael Gerard Tyson
The youngest man ever to win the heavyweight title.
Former Undisputed Heavyweight Champion.
Two time heavyweight champion of the world.
50 Wins, 44 by Knockout, 6 Losses, 2 No Contests

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

UnderControl- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-11-2006, 08:59 AM #2
06-15

Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,011,328,491.07
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

No doubt against Trevor Berbick. That night he showed such determination and will. You could see how much he wanted to become the youngest HW champion. I dont think anything would have stopped him that night. He would have shown heart if he got knocked down, he would have gotten back up to win. That night he was verocious and stopped Berbick in 2 rounds, i think he would have stopped him later in 87 or 88. That was great.
BKM- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:07 AM #3
Interim Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
SABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond reputeSABBATH has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 59,967.27
Send a message via AIM to SABBATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaman
No doubt against Trevor Berbick. That night he showed such determination and will. You could see how much he wanted to become the youngest HW champion. I dont think anything would have stopped him that night. He would have shown heart if he got knocked down, he would have gotten back up to win. That night he was verocious and stopped Berbick in 2 rounds, i think he would have stopped him later in 87 or 88. That was great.
Berbick was shot after fighting Ali. That fight took more out of Berbick than we realize. The punishment Ali inflicted in the Drama In The Bahama caused Berbick to take a downward spiral later being floored and beaten by Renaldo Snipes, then outpointed by ordinary cruiserweight ST Gordon. Tyson faced a shell, a ghost of Berbick on that night.

A 1980-81 Berbick would do to Tyson what Douglas later did.
SABBATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:41 AM #4
Contender

Cockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these partsCockyb is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 30,957.14

u have to apreciate sum1 who brought excitement to boxing! sum1 who cleared out the heavyweight division with brutal KO's!

and one of da best achievements of his was da fact at one stage in his career he was voted by i think da ring magazine as the p4p number 1 fighter in the world! not many heavyweights got dat kind of recognition! shows how gud he was back in his prime!

wen u look back on tyson, look back wen he defeated berbick, sphinx etc etc! dats da real tyson! da legendary tyson!

safe
Cockyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:59 AM #5
Amateur

kjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond reputekjellho has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,438.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABBATH
Berbick was shot after fighting Ali. That fight took more out of Berbick than we realize. The punishment Ali inflicted in the Drama In The Bahama caused Berbick to take a downward spiral later being floored and beaten by Renaldo Snipes, then outpointed by ordinary cruiserweight ST Gordon. Tyson faced a shell, a ghost of Berbick on that night.

A 1980-81 Berbick would do to Tyson what Douglas later did.
This is a Tyson appreciation thread. If you got nothing positive to say, then get the **** out of here. We all know you're not a big fan of Tyson, so why even bother posting in this thread?
What you just said is total bs by the way
Berbick has always been a ****ty fighter. You think Berbick was good just 'cause of the Ali fight? Man, look at Berbicks fights. And the Ali fight just shows one thing - that Ali has flaws.

The Berbick fight was fun to watch, no doubt. But my favourites are the Alex Stewart fight and the Mitch Green fight! And ofcourse the Michael Jack Johnson fight, but just because of that brutal KO

Last edited by kjellho; 05-11-2006 at 12:05 PM.
kjellho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:53 PM #6
Trousersnake Fondler

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Southpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 155,816,138,501,472,032.00
Total Points: 155,816,138,501,496,384.00
No Message - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- good for the liver lad - -veteran420- 5 years, pity I missed the 1st 4 - Clyde Barrow merry xmas - Subtraction 
No Message - - v e t - Merry Christmas - Flab Care to join me? :) x - *Boss Lady* Happy new year! - Toney Loc :) - *Boss Lady* 
:kiss: - *Boss Lady* :flirt: - *Boss Lady* :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Yes, your majesty. Your wish is my command. - *Boss Lady* Did you know that I walked around saying ... 'Breakdown, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit ... ALL DAY LONG?! That would be your fault! - *Boss Lady* 
I need a drink, fancy it? - Bossy You're sex on legs. I'll get the pints. :luvbed: - Bossy Easter pint for my e-lover :love: - Bossy Who could stay miserable after that? :love: - Bossy Good Sir, I hope you are well. - Uns 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - PensionKiller World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr Jones AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Clyde Barrow 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -veteran420- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Autism - -veteran420- Autism - -veteran420- Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - INSECT Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Nani Loc Head and Neck Cancer - Southpaw Stinger Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Southpaw Stinger Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - - v e t - 

The Berbick fight was stunning. Tyson showed great power and detirmination in that fight. Very exciting.

Quote:
And the Ali fight just shows one thing - that Ali has flaws.
It showed just one thing - that Ali has parkinsons!
Southpaw Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:57 PM #7
Contender

UnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond reputeUnderControl- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 37,075.00
Send a message via MSN to UnderControl-

The Alex Stewart definately was a joy to watch for every Tyson fan - Mike fought like he seriously wanted to break his opponent into pieces.

I agree that nothing could have stopped Tyson November 22nd, 1986 - that night nobody could have beaten him.
It is sad to see that lots of so-called boxing fans are being disrespectful towards the youngest heavyweight champion ever, the most explosive fighter to ever live. Some say he was a bully, some say he had no heart ... all wrong.
But I am glad to see some guys post in this thread who seriously appreciate what Mike Tyson has done for boxing and for the audience.
UnderControl- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:02 PM #8
Hey, Boo Boo

Yogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 46,386.36
Boxingscene's elite - !! AI-Holmes!! To a clever bear. A Superbear! - BatTheMan 

*farts*
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:03 PM #9
THE MUTHAFUCKIN TRUTH

RAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,013,940,368.33
Total Points: 16,014,216,910.28
Boxingscene's elite - !! AI-Holmes!! 30k POSTS PUSSY! - reedickyaluss grats on 30k - 2nd II none It's the directions to me crib BITCH. Haha.. Happy 30K cousin. - K-Nan Congrats on 30K posts, couldn't find an E hooker. - Jim Jeffries 
No Message - T-97 yuck! - mybisoy Mah Mayne Mahn Raesaad! - Dorian Pop Bottles for the Rays!!!!! - Mike06j770 Starin in my rearview - D E M Dz A 
You good peoples homey - mangler Thanx. Here's a lucky charm 4 ya homey. - mangler Have a drink on me homey - mangler Happy 33k Big Man.... - The Gully Gad 33K is the muthafukkin truth - Makavelli 
Long time no see bud.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 

My favorite Tyson fight was when he got KTFO by Lennox Lewis.
RAESAAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:10 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Heckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,049.08

Appreciate Tysons talent but many a boxer could of stopped Tyson on that night.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List