Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 04-30-2006, 01:28 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,873.77
Default Heavy Bag Building (Advice)

Hey fellas-

In my house there is not one convenient place to hang a Heavybag, thus I bought this:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

And let me tell you..I hate it. I have been using it for almost a full year now and I decided as much as I actually dont' like my everlast bag (feels like concrete is in it still?) I hate my stand even more.

SO - I need to possibly start some kind of project? Is there any way I could build SOMEthing to where I could hang the heavy bag. Maybe some kind of project including wood boards. I don't want to build a house
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
. I just want to find a way that I can hang a heavy bag because I feel that is the best way to get the most out of a heavy bag.

Do any of you reccomend any ways of going about building such a thing? Maybe the costs? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks
iwagh911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-30-2006, 03:12 PM #2
Undisputed Champ

THE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,188,596.71
Total Points: 1,412,918.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwagh911
Hey fellas-

In my house there is not one convenient place to hang a Heavybag, thus I bought this:

And let me tell you..I hate it. I have been using it for almost a full year now and I decided as much as I actually dont' like my everlast bag (feels like concrete is in it still?) I hate my stand even more.

SO - I need to possibly start some kind of project? Is there any way I could build SOMEthing to where I could hang the heavy bag. Maybe some kind of project including wood boards. I don't want to build a house
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
. I just want to find a way that I can hang a heavy bag because I feel that is the best way to get the most out of a heavy bag.

Do any of you reccomend any ways of going about building such a thing? Maybe the costs? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks
i have the same prob with space, i was going to buy one of them are they really that bad is it worth the money at all ? first of all do you have a welder ? all you really need to know is how to counter weight and for the most part the same frame work.
THE REAL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:41 PM #3
Interim Champion

LightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond reputeLightsOut Le has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,938.53

why dont you go buy this http://www.balazsboxing.com/cgi-bin/catalog2.cgi?action=page&page=gear|heavy%20bag%20mounts|mh0106

you hang it on the ceiling
LightsOut Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:54 PM #4
Undisputed Champ

THE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsOut Le
why dont you go buy this http://www.balazsboxing.com/cgi-bin/catalog2.cgi?action=page&page=gear|heavy%20bag%20mounts|mh0106

you hang it on the ceiling
he said he has no room to hang 1
Old 04-30-2006, 05:13 PM #5
Up and Comer

iwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond reputeiwagh911 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't hang one in my house. I am asking if there was a certain way I could build something that I could have it hang from? - Allowing me to have more room to circle the bag. Maybe I wont have total 360degrees of circling but something better than I have now for sure.

Oh and I do not reccomend the the Century stand that I have now. It gives little room for you to maneuver (I know I can't have total room but it is inconvenient by all means) - and the speedbag board is made poorly.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:37 PM #6
Undisputed Champ

what about a high square stand to hang it from ,yeah i'm sure you could make that out of wood and if the room is tall or you are short you would be able to get under it and hit freely
Old 04-30-2006, 06:45 PM #7
Undisputed Champ

first find out how much space you have hight and width . I would use fore support beams grounded ..square the top and "X" some boards from the top frame for the mid where you can hang the bag.you may have to put some weights on the ground post but that should work
Old 04-30-2006, 08:31 PM #8
Up and Comer

Hey darrenshyrockford - you have aim or email? I am having a hard time picturing your idea but I would like to figure it out. Thanks dude
Old 04-30-2006, 09:38 PM #9
Banned

Malik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these partsMalik is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 32,165.80

looks like u could move pretty damn well with this.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:41 PM #10
Undisputed Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwagh911
Hey darrenshyrockford - you have aim or email? I am having a hard time picturing your idea but I would like to figure it out. Thanks dude
i could draw something up and post it tomorrow ..how tall is your ceiling and how much width of the room can you use ? oh and how wide & long is your bag ?

Share This With Friends

User Tag List