Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 03-16-2016, 02:00 PM #1
cross eyed lil midget

Quoted: 962 Post(s)
48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,734.60
Retarded phaggot - El-blanco Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default Anyone here good at making omelettes?

Everytime I try to make one it comes out too dry or burnt. I tried cooking on lower heat but then it doesnt cook evenly and the outer layer ends up burnt. How the tf do I make a nice fluffy and moist omelette?
48cantCstraight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:20 PM #2
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13962 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,079,203.11
Total Points: 1,145,253.90
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Lower heat is actually less likely to burn the outside. I'm the omelette master (former chef/caterer). I'll see if I can find some time tonight to go into detail when I'm back at my PC. A good omelette is an awesome way to get protein and veg in the morning. Very easy once you get the feel for it too.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:56 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3681 Post(s)
El-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 23,550.00
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas bud! - TBear Happy Holidays bro. - BOXEO _ Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Outstanding posts regarding the HBO, PBC, Jacobs-GGG ordeal - Chollo Vista 
More drugs to fuel your pathetic addicted "life" - Omowale Tribe fuck kev lol - mortal24 You're Canadian now. You deserve a medal LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Thanks for the advice, hope to get back into lifting weights - hectari the latina thread, hnnnng - Santa_ 
For being a dumb ass - Chollo Vista to blow all that cocaine out your nose - Chollo Vista to blow all that cocaine out your nose - Chollo Vista Here's some lipstick for when you're sucking BBC - Chollo Vista Tissues to blow all that cocaine out your nose - Chollo Vista 
someone please kick the cocaine out his ass - Chollo Vista while you're sucking d1ck for coke - Chollo Vista lipstick while you're sucking d1ck for coke - Chollo Vista tissues for your mom's stanky a$$ pu$$y - Chollo Vista tissues so your mom can wipe BBC cum from her pu$$y - Chollo Vista 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

i use low to mid heat because I dont want to be cooking it for 20 minutes. I'll add some simple tips that you might already be doing but I'll repeat them anyway.

-make sure your pan has enough oil to cover the surface. A pan that isn't properly lubricated often results in burnt food even on low heat.

-whip your eggs properly. Eggs that aren't properly whipped usually result in flat dry omelette.

One suggestion I can make is to make a scramble with your ingredients as opposed to a omelette. Sauté your ingredients first then take them out. Crank the heat and add the eggs. If you're working quick enough those eggs will be done in a minute and they won't be burnt. Then turn off the heat and toss in your veggies and other meats if you have them. Mix those around for a bit and you're done.

Good luck.
El-blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:26 AM #4
cross eyed lil midget

48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute48cantCstraight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
Lower heat is actually less likely to burn the outside. I'm the omelette master (former chef/caterer). I'll see if I can find some time tonight to go into detail when I'm back at my PC. A good omelette is an awesome way to get protein and veg in the morning. Very easy once you get the feel for it too.
Tips from a chef would be cool. I figured they would be an easy way to get protein and veggies but it turns out I suck at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-blanco View Post
i use low to mid heat because I dont want to be cooking it for 20 minutes. I'll add some simple tips that you might already be doing but I'll repeat them anyway.

-make sure your pan has enough oil to cover the surface. A pan that isn't properly lubricated often results in burnt food even on low heat.

-whip your eggs properly. Eggs that aren't properly whipped usually result in flat dry omelette.

One suggestion I can make is to make a scramble with your ingredients as opposed to a omelette. Sauté your ingredients first then take them out. Crank the heat and add the eggs. If you're working quick enough those eggs will be done in a minute and they won't be burnt. Then turn off the heat and toss in your veggies and other meats if you have them. Mix those around for a bit and you're done.

Good luck.
Hmmm lack of lubrication might be my problem. I haven't even been using olive oil, just a non stick spray. And I like the idea about sauteing the ingredients first. I'll try this stuff tomorrow morning. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:28 AM #5
Banned

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
TripleK4TripleG is a name known to allTripleK4TripleG is a name known to allTripleK4TripleG is a name known to allTripleK4TripleG is a name known to allTripleK4TripleG is a name known to allTripleK4TripleG is a name known to all
Total Points: 176.00

Omelettes are for ****sexuals
TripleK4TripleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:40 AM #6
The People's Champion

Quoted: 3814 Post(s)
jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 399,185,892.89
Total Points: 633,284,832.84
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* funny poster in the lounge - jas 
atg poster - jas I <3 you! - led No Message - jas thanks bro I didn't even notice - -jose- you got skills - Santa_ 
Trump! - Ruthless One :beerchug: - -jose- hilarious - jas Keep up the good work! - 1bad65 Holidays - TBear 
Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers brother - Redd Foxx Rightfully... - MDPopescu Cheers, brother. - Redd Foxx Merry Christmas - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas 

I use the microwave...they come out perfect every time and it saves time and clean up.
jaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:57 PM #7
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13962 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,079,203.11
Total Points: 1,145,253.90
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Method;
You want a moderate heat. Too high and you get a nasty skin. Too low and the heat doesn't travel through. It will take some experimentation to see what works for your stove. "Low" on a gas stove will be like med-high on a cheap electric cooker.

-Let the pan warm-up sufficiently, then let the oil/fat warm up before adding the eggs.
-Stir the eggs (like you're scrambling them) for the first few secs, then let them form into a circle while they're still wet. This helps get your cooking underway so you aren't just scorching the outside into a thick skin while waiting for the other side to cook.
-Add ingredients.
-Push the edges w/ your spatula to keep them from sticking and periodically lift to see if it's getting close to done. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Ingredients;
-Add egg whites for more protein. Remove yolks for less fat.
-Put salt and pepper in your egg mix and beat them lightly for a lighter omelette.
-For a fluffy omelette, add a splash of milk and beat it in well.
-Good ingredients are; fresh garlic, mushrooms, spinach, asparagus (par-cook first), broccoli florettes, shallots, etc. I also like to add bacon w/ the fat removed.
-For cooking fat (you need a very thin layer in the bottom of the pan) Avocodo oil is excellent, as is EV olive oil.

Omelettes are so helpful when you're trying to get extra protein while managing carbs. The fats are from a quality source so don't feel guilty about that.
Also, consider eggs from PASTURE-RAISED CHICKENS (it'll say on the carton)! "Cage-free" helps but can sometimes still be a horrific life for the chickens.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:16 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
nivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond reputenivek535 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 9,598.00
an important pillar of the training forum - jas Naoya Inoue is a beast. Thank the Lord I am not the only person on this site who appreciates his skill. WAR INOUE!!!!!!!! - BrushMyHair Cheers! - Tyler_Durden Thanks buddy, fuck rigo! - El-blanco 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
Everytime I try to make one it comes out too dry or burnt. I tried cooking on lower heat but then it doesnt cook evenly and the outer layer ends up burnt. How the tf do I make a nice fluffy and moist omelette?
burnt? you are already using low heat... are you that bad at cooking? haha.

heat the pan at medium heat, put a bit of oil in, crack an egg in a separate bowl, beat it like you mean it, add some milk and beat it like you mean it some more, pour it in the pan.

like boxing, u gotta adjust your game plan... so flip it, shift it, move it around... dont just let it sit there and burnn.
nivek535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:19 PM #9
Contender

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Soju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 6,807.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleK4TripleG View Post
Omelettes are for ****sexuals
Is that what they cook for you in the morning?
Soju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:13 PM #10
cross eyed lil midget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
Method;
You want a moderate heat. Too high and you get a nasty skin. Too low and the heat doesn't travel through. It will take some experimentation to see what works for your stove. "Low" on a gas stove will be like med-high on a cheap electric cooker.

-Let the pan warm-up sufficiently, then let the oil/fat warm up before adding the eggs.
-Stir the eggs (like you're scrambling them) for the first few secs, then let them form into a circle while they're still wet. This helps get your cooking underway so you aren't just scorching the outside into a thick skin while waiting for the other side to cook.
-Add ingredients.
-Push the edges w/ your spatula to keep them from sticking and periodically lift to see if it's getting close to done. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Ingredients;
-Add egg whites for more protein. Remove yolks for less fat.
-Put salt and pepper in your egg mix and beat them lightly for a lighter omelette.
-For a fluffy omelette, add a splash of milk and beat it in well.
-Good ingredients are; fresh garlic, mushrooms, spinach, asparagus (par-cook first), broccoli florettes, shallots, etc. I also like to add bacon w/ the fat removed.
-For cooking fat (you need a very thin layer in the bottom of the pan) Avocodo oil is excellent, as is EV olive oil.

Omelettes are so helpful when you're trying to get extra protein while managing carbs. The fats are from a quality source so don't feel guilty about that.
Also, consider eggs from PASTURE-RAISED CHICKENS (it'll say on the carton)! "Cage-free" helps but can sometimes still be a horrific life for the chickens.
This stuff really helped I'm not burning the outer layer anymore and they're coming out fluffy how I like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek535 View Post
burnt? you are already using low heat... are you that bad at cooking? haha.

heat the pan at medium heat, put a bit of oil in, crack an egg in a separate bowl, beat it like you mean it, add some milk and beat it like you mean it some more, pour it in the pan.

like boxing, u gotta adjust your game plan... so flip it, shift it, move it around... dont just let it sit there and burnn.
Yea I'm pretty bad. I know it seems crazy that I could burn it on low heat, but heat that's too low won't cook through all the liquid fast enough so I'd have to leave it sitting there cooking for too long, which would cause the outer layer to get burnt and dry.

Share This With Friends

Tags
good, making, omelettes?