Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 03-06-2006, 01:42 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
vargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond reputevargas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,450.00
Default If Rocky Marciano would of..........

if Rocky Marciano would of lived up to today you think he would of had more stardom and been more recognized as a legend than ali.
maybe he even would of been more liked than ali

Last edited by vargas; 03-06-2006 at 01:43 PM. Reason: wrong font size
vargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-06-2006, 02:07 PM #2
Up and Comer

whatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond reputewhatdahieu has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,041.00

the thing about marciano is that he never really "shook things up" so to speak, he was a great fighter, although crude, he always had a huge heart and cut easily but his unrelentless pressure and hi determination was superub, the only thing is outside of boxing he never really did anything extordinary but a key this is that he was white, and i think being white would really appeal to the public, so i think he and ali would be regarded the same in the aspect they were so different, black/white, humble/flashy, boxer/brawler, so i think they would appeal to two different segments of society and they'd be equal if they were around the same time period, hard to imagine if either one would eclipse the other but remember ali was political so in that sense ppl would be be more emotional about ali be it love or hate him.
whatdahieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:08 PM #3
The Jack Dempsey Camp

Zab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond reputeZab06 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,627.00

I don't know about Rocky..Jack Dempsey I don't know about a following either but he would be badass.
Zab06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:14 PM #4
Interim Champion

SuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 44,064.20

one thing about marciano is people call him crude, but if u watch marciano on film, he is very natural athletic and isnt uncoordinated and his techniques is polished in the way he throws punches, in the way he moves, etc. fact is, hes just very wild.

i think marciano is more "wild" than "crude". crude is when the fighter is herky jerky and looks uncoordinated and very girly like.

marciano wasnt that way, he was just very wild and innacurate(especially early career).

i hope i got my point across in the right way, does anyone understand what im trying to say?

i used to call him crude, but I am not so sure anymore. marciano at his his peak wasnt crude, he was just very wild and innacurate at times. goldman really polished him up.

rocky was not a herky jerky, throws girly like punches, uncoordinated fighter

Last edited by SuzieQ49; 03-06-2006 at 02:16 PM.
SuzieQ49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:43 PM #5
Banned

smasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,972.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49
i hope i got my point across in the right way, does anyone understand what im trying to say?
He had a tendency to sometimes club with his punches.
smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:26 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Heckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,671.08

Sorry Rocky was inaccurate and relatively crude, yet effective. Rocky Marciano although a GREAT i believe is a bit overrated. Because of his undefeated record. But what GREATS did he beat, Louis doesn't count, Walcott doesn't make it on a top 10 list, ezzard charles doesn't often either. The best fighter he fought was an aging Charles. Not his fault, he had a huge heart and fought anyone that was game enough. But if you swapped Joe Fraziers position with Marcianos. Marciano would most probably have loses to Ali and Foreman. Joe Frazier would be undefeated.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:38 PM #7
Banned

smasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond reputesmasher has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,972.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler
Sorry Rocky was inaccurate and relatively crude, yet effective. Rocky Marciano although a GREAT i believe is a bit overrated. Because of his undefeated record. But what GREATS did he beat, Louis doesn't count, Walcott doesn't make it on a top 10 list, ezzard charles doesn't often either. The best fighter he fought was an aging Charles. Not his fault, he had a huge heart and fought anyone that was game enough. But if you swapped Joe Fraziers position with Marcianos. Marciano would most probably have loses to Ali and Foreman. Joe Frazier would be undefeated.
Dempsey, Louis, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson at least go 49-0 against ROCKY'S competition
smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:41 PM #8
Trousersnake Fondler

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Southpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 135,647,325,364,771,824.00
Total Points: 135,647,325,364,790,352.00
No Message - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- good for the liver lad - -veteran420- 5 years, pity I missed the 1st 4 - Clyde Barrow merry xmas - Subtraction 
No Message - - v e t - Merry Christmas - Flab Care to join me? :) x - *Boss Lady* Happy new year! - Toney Loc :) - *Boss Lady* 
:kiss: - *Boss Lady* :flirt: - *Boss Lady* :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Yes, your majesty. Your wish is my command. - *Boss Lady* Did you know that I walked around saying ... 'Breakdown, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit ... ALL DAY LONG?! That would be your fault! - *Boss Lady* 
I need a drink, fancy it? - Bossy You're sex on legs. I'll get the pints. :luvbed: - Bossy Easter pint for my e-lover :love: - Bossy Who could stay miserable after that? :love: - Bossy Good Sir, I hope you are well. - Uns 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - PensionKiller World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr Jones AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Clyde Barrow 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -veteran420- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Autism - -veteran420- Autism - -veteran420- Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - INSECT Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Nani Loc Head and Neck Cancer - Southpaw Stinger Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Southpaw Stinger Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - - v e t - 

Quote:
Dempsey, Louis, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson at least go 49-0 against ROCKY'S competition
Definatly.
Southpaw Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:45 PM #9
The HW Sugar Ray!

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
butterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,110,599.60
Total Points: 1,380,789.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher
evan holyfield, lewis, bowe, patterson, and johnson as well.
butterfly1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:09 PM #10
06-15

Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,011,276,699.82
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

How do you know that? You have supernatural powers? Its stupid to act like someone who predicts things that never happened. Some of you are taking this boxing fantasy way too far.

Rocky Marciano
Only champion without flaws.
Only Champion to retire undefeated.
Highest KO% ever.

Just want to point out how great he was before you guys start insulting him again.
BKM- is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List