Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russell-Lomachenko: BoxingScene.com's Staff Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Russell-Lomachenko: BoxingScene.com's Staff Predictions

Gary Russell fights for his first major title after just 5 ½ years in the pro ranks. Vasyl Lomachenko goes for his second title shot in just eight months in the pro ranks.

Russell was a gifted amateur who served on the 2008 U.S. Olympic Boxing squad. His dreams ended at the scales, passing out due to dehydration during the weigh-in the morning of his first scheduled bout.

Lomachenko was a gifted amateur who twice captured Olympic gold for his native Ukraine, as well as earning the Val Barker Award as the standout fighter of the ’08 Olympics.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lomachenko by stoppage

Comment

A lot of Russell predictions. Strange considering we haven't seen him against a live body, prospect, or even an average fighter.

Gary Has massive potential obviously, but jumping up in class from corpses to a good fighter is too much IMO.

I'll take Lomachenko by UD.

Comment

People fail to see that Russell gets sloppy in exchanges at times and his head will stand straight when doing so , my pick Lomachenko times him and rocks him bad, maybe even finishes it early

Comment

Russell by decision

Comment

i got lomachenko by ud...they're both untested at the pro ranks but i've seen loma dealt with adversity against salido and he almost pulled it off whereas russell just feasted on tba's. russell is more of a flashy fighter...lots of form but less substance.

Comment

Anyone who has followed Lomas career, knows that this will be Lomas night. Russel is just too short, he does not have the reach to catch Loma, who moves extremely well in the ring and punishes the body from the distance. And yes, he has faced quicker opponents in the past, so the speed would not be a problem here. The dude is a train.. People also forget that Loma fought one year in the WBS facing opponents that Russel could just dream about. I made a couple of bucks in Rigo-Donaire, but unfortunately I won't make the same money, simply because Loma is a huge favorite in this bout. Talent is always talent, no matter if its amateurs or pros. Loma by KO!
              Last edited by Jelisei; 06-21-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah I gotta go with Loma here too. Russell has fought nothing but cans, and can be hit fairly easily, and the size difference is big. Wouldn't be surprised if Loma catches Russell after timing him mid rounds, drops then stops him.

Comment

I got Loma, I think he'll be able to neutralize Russell's speed. I'm still a little surprised this fight is even happening, both guys could of held out longer. For once, the boxing gods have given the fight fans a truly worthy fight.

Comment

Lomachenko had, HAD, a great and long amateur career. Now he skips the pro learning curve, butts in ahead of more deserving, loses to a shot 13 loss Salido, and gets another bite at the apple? That's not right and if Gary loses this, he deserves to be shot with ***** and killed for stinking. What is Fitz thinking? This is a freak show boxing match and the freak is at a serious disadvantage. Why not proclaim the Olympic champ as the pro champ at once and save time and money? Since it's so easy.

Comment

Working...
                    X