Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russell: If Lomachenko Takes Initiative, Fight Ends Early

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Russell: If Lomachenko Takes Initiative, Fight Ends Early

Former 2008 US Olympian and now Featherweight contender Gary Russell Jr will be fighting for his first world title this Saturday night against one the highest regarded amateur fighters in Vasyl Lomachenko.

Lomachenko was unsuccessful in his first title fight earlier this year when he lost to Orlando Salido in only his 2nd professional fight. He will get another opportunity to become a champion but Russell believes he will suffer the same fate as he feels there is nothing Lomachenko can do to win this fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Russell has to want to capitilize first, i can see russell playing tit 4 tat with loma and also i see this as a highly competitive chess match! I call a draw but am pulling for russell.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Lomachenko exposes Russell like Maidana exposed Broner..

I'm very suspicious that Lomachenko's last opponent was PEDs..he had a history and walked through some huge shots kind of like he did against Juan Manuel Lopez...

Comment

Both guys have very fast hands, but Russell isn't big like Salido was and I think he is going to be thoroughly shocked by Lomachenko's boxing ability. I think Lomachenko is about to be 2-1, with Russel taking his first loss.

Comment

If it doesn't end early he could be in over his head.

Comment

I hope this fight doesn't turn out to be boring. I think Russell will need to apply pressure to win. If he doesn't, then we might get a lot of staring and posturing.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 06-21-2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
              If it doesn't end early he could be in over his head.
              Who you picking? I think it's Lomo.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I hope this fight doesn't turn out to be boring.
              I don't think so. They're both young fighters with some serious ability...and it's a big fight for both.

Comment

I honestly don't know who wins I lean towards Lomo moreso due to doubts about Russel he just seems fragile, he has handspeed and ......

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Who you picking? I think it's Lomo.

I don't think so. They're both young fighters with some serious ability...and it's a big fight for both.
                  I wasn't impressed with Loma's performance against Salido, so I'm hoping he's more offensive-minded tonight. Less clinching, less moving, more punching.

Comment

Russell has never had to but I just get a sense that if he faces resistance he'll give in.

Comment

Working...
                    X