Comments Thread For: Showtime VP Responds To Claims, Promoters Chime In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    They still hammered Sho ratings wise last year
    Yes they beat them but a couple of HBO's fights were with guys who are now on showtime. Weebler, I believe, put up a sheet indicating the ratings.

That said, floyd still sold 3 mil ppv's (the cheapest was what $59.95) last year. Thats money and attention HBO didn't get that CBS/SHowtime got.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
      But people dont tune into SHO when they watch Canelo and Floyd. they tune into their cable carrier's PPV channel.

Again I dont know what SHO earns revenue wise from a PPV. Traditionally networks dont make all that much but it could be different.
      Yes, but the ppv is a strong advertising platform for the network. They may not ake a ton, but whatever they make mutiply it by 3 mil. Thats probably a good take.

Hel, Give it to me. I damn sure could use it. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
        Yes they beat them but a couple of HBO's fights were with guys who are now on showtime. Weebler, I believe, put up a sheet indicating the ratings.

That said, floyd still sold 3 mil ppv's (the cheapest was what $59.95) last year. Thats money and attention HBO didn't get that CBS/SHowtime got.
        Exposure yes but Showtime isn't make much money at all on Floyd PPVs

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          Exposure yes but Showtime isn't make much money at all on Floyd PPVs
          True. And I'm sure CBS is ok either way. But they did take something away.

Its as if CBS/SHowtime is trying to win the ratings war not by passing HBO but by bringing them down to their level.

I am not a fan of the "scortched earth" way of winning any conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
            Yes, but the ppv is a strong advertising platform for the network. They may not ake a ton, but whatever they make mutiply it by 3 mil. Thats probably a good take.

Hel, Give it to me. I damn sure could use it. lol.
            Hard to know what that value is.

Networks dont really like PPV, they tolerate it.

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
              I think HBO are the ones acting like babies in this whole thing. I understand not overpaying for mis matches but thats dif then not working at all with GB because they're butthurt about Floyd. All his fights were mismatches anyway.
              Great post.

Comment

Working...
              X