No announcement yet.

ike ibeabuchi vs lennox lewis 2001

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ike ibeabuchi vs lennox lewis 2001

i have a hard time figuring out who would have won this one.ike had all the tools to be great.but when lennox was motivated it was hard for him to be beat.my pick wuld be either lewis by decision or ike by ko,it could have been a hell of a trilogy

Originally posted by king4fore View Post
    i have a hard time figuring out who would have won this one.ike had all the tools to be great.but when lennox was motivated it was hard for him to be beat.my pick wuld be either lewis by decision or ike by ko,it could have been a hell of a trilogy
    - -Boxrec is your Friend here.

Ike last bout was in March of 1997, but in reality, he was never the same after Tua laid into him, suffering hallucinations, incessant migraines, and various criminal disorders cumulating in a 15 year or so incarceration.

Before the Tua fight when Lewis wasn't yet fully formed and Ike seemingly only a step away from a title, prob a decent chance he could beat Lewis.

The hype of the mythical legend around Ike continued for over a decade in forums in a dozen rumored comebacks.

He was finally released to go into training for his comeback , and then nothing. Never seen him pop up in good news or bad.

Anyone know what happened to Ike? Deported? Reincarcerated in a mental ward?

?

Comment

Ike had all the attributes. he was the perfect size, had the work rate, and seemed to have the talent. But there is the tendency to lionize him... and I have been guilty of it as well.

he never really had the time to demonstrate if he had greatness in him. The Tua fight was impressive. Ike did not have the reach to just keep Tua away. But Tua was also essentially a one armed fighter and despite being a real threat was "beatable."

Comment

Very hard to pick a fighter who was not that consistent in his fights.
        Having him go up against a fighter that proved himself against all styles and also coming out as the top heavyweight from 1993 to 2002 Is to much to ask.
        We all saw how easy it was for Lewis to shut tua down for 12 rounds and he probably would have done that to ibeabuchi as well.

Comment

Seeing how much trouble IB had with a one handed fighter, and how much trouble Tua had with a fighter who had big trouble with a one handed fighter, made me realize what fine pieces of meat either would have made for Marciano. I can even give you the details of how he would have beaten IB: lef lef right, lef lef right. With Tua: lef right lef, lef right lef... Totally different strategies. Rock was versatile enough to pull this off.
          Last edited by The Old LefHook; 09-24-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X