Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Old 01-15-2005, 09:03 AM #1
Glasgow's Finest

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
barryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 63,007.59
Default Quartey wins on comeback

Bazooka Quartey scores win

Former world welterweight champion Ike Quartey scored an eighth round KO in his first fight in nearly half a decade.

The Bazooka, one of the most feared punchers in the game during his 1990s reign of terror alongside the likes of Felix Trinidad and Oscar De la Hoya, drew a capacity crowd of 5000 to the Azumah Nelson Sports Complex in his native Ghana.

Startling slowly, Quartey worked opponent Clint McNeil's body and dropped him with a right to the belly in the seventh. Two more knockdowns followed a round later and Quartey had scored his first win since before his narrowly lost to De la Hoya in 1999.

He said afterwards he wants to regain his world title.
barryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-15-2005, 12:22 PM #2
hagler ud over Leonard

marvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 29,725.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryboy
Bazooka Quartey scores win

Former world welterweight champion Ike Quartey scored an eighth round KO in his first fight in nearly half a decade.

The Bazooka, one of the most feared punchers in the game during his 1990s reign of terror alongside the likes of Felix Trinidad and Oscar De la Hoya, drew a capacity crowd of 5000 to the Azumah Nelson Sports Complex in his native Ghana.

Startling slowly, Quartey worked opponent Clint McNeil's body and dropped him with a right to the belly in the seventh. Two more knockdowns followed a round later and Quartey had scored his first win since before his narrowly lost to De la Hoya in 1999.

He said afterwards he wants to regain his world title.
thanks for the info my firend. I hope Ike can put it back together. He was a tremendous fighter. I loved the DLH v Quartey fight.
marvdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:03 PM #3
Amateur

Marcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these partsMarcos is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 12,378.25

I see a Delahoya /Quartey rematch
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:25 PM #4
Glasgow's Finest

barryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of that fight at all but the fight I wanted to see for a long time was Tito v Quartey and unfortunately we never got it at the time but depending on what weight Quartey's fighting at that would be another one i'd love to see.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:01 PM #5
hagler ud over Leonard

marvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 29,725.54

i just read that Tito offered Ike the next fight and Quartey turned it down. Anyone else hear something along those lines?
marvdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 03:45 PM #6
Glasgow's Finest

Yeah I saw that headline. Quartey probably wants to test himself against a couple of lesser opponents before he goes for anything serious and seeing as this was his first victory since '99' he won't want to rush but eventually he will need to fight someone who will give him his confidence back. Tito went straight in with Mayorga but I think we'll see Quartey taking it slow.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:00 PM #7
Ellis

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 889,330.12
Kobe Stopper! Kobe Stopper! - MizzzouMan For the favorite fighter thread. I knew I liked you for a reason....LMAO - sweet pea 50 dilla donuts! - el guason456 For that laker clip. Christ ,my sides hurt.... LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma One of my favorite tracks to rip. - El Gallo Negro! 
HAVE SOME OF DEM BEEENIE BEEBE?!? - Sweet Pea 50 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler jr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryboy
Yeah I saw that headline. Quartey probably wants to test himself against a couple of lesser opponents before he goes for anything serious and seeing as this was his first victory since '99' he won't want to rush but eventually he will need to fight someone who will give him his confidence back. Tito went straight in with Mayorga but I think we'll see Quartey taking it slow.

Thanks for the info Barry. I think Ike should take it slow...I think he needs at least 2 more tune up guys before taking on any top notch comp. It's great to see him back in the ring though.
oldgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:52 PM #8
Banned

Drug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond reputeDrug Fiend has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,466.00

oh man ive never even seen him fight..
is he white or black (or yellow!!!)
Drug Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:24 PM #9
Banned

LittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these partsLittleBigMan is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 14,222.00

Ike will stop De La Hoya with an elbow shot
LittleBigMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:10 AM #10
Interim Champion

Verbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond reputeVerbl_Kint has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 68,746.08
Send a message via Yahoo to Verbl_Kint

Wow, Ike dropped the guy with a body shot. That's power. I can''t wait for Quartey to get a few more fights under his belt then take on Vargas or Winky then go for DLH and Trinidad. Hopefully all that ring rust will be shaken off come 2006.
Verbl_Kint is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List