Just rewatched Mayweather vs Guerrero, closer than I initially thought it was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only watched it live and gave 2 rounds to Guerrero

Comment

Give it a year and we'll have a significant number of people citing this fight as a gift decision in Mayweather's favour.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        It's not that the Ghost won a bunch of rounds, it's that not all the rounds were landslides for Floyd. Yes, he won a majority of the rounds, but the Ghost put forth a good effort.

When i watched it the first time, I kept thinking, "why isn't he even trying!?"

Watched it a second time, and impressed me. My final analysis is, Ghost ain't on Floyd's level (obviously), but he'd give ANY WW trouble.
        Oh I can totally agree with that. It wasn't like the Ghost came to get a paycheck. He tried to pressure Floyd and rough him up, **** he even tried to box a bit but you don't play that game with Mayweather. Even in the last few rounds (Sans the 11th where he got beat on) he tried to get to Floyd and push the action. Floyd was just on another level.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
          Give it a year and we'll have a significant number of people citing this fight as a gift decision in Mayweather's favour.
          Judah won 3 rounds the day after they fought. I believe I read that he won 6 rounds now, years later. Guerrero will have won the fight 115-113 by the end of next year.

Comment

OP

Comment

I'd say RG didn't win more than 2 or 3 rounds but the majority of rounds were competitive it's just that RG doesn't have one punch power and his skill and speed are pretty ordinary. Yet, a lot of fighters and media members were praising Mayweather after the fight as possibly the best to ever glove them up, including Malignaggi. I don't know what got into his head cause he's usually point on. Anyway, Canelo will be a completely different experience for Floyd. Canelo is a strong precise puncher with skill and speed. That doesn't bode too well for Money May but if he is the best of all time he should handle that.

Comment

I finally rewatched it on my 3D/HD/Blueray IPAD MINI yesterday, I watch it in super slo-mo along with my flo-mayweather rose tinted glasses and guess what? I had it 10-2 rounds to the wifebeater.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Oh I can totally agree with that. It wasn't like the Ghost came to get a paycheck. He tried to pressure Floyd and rough him up, **** he even tried to box a bit but you don't play that game with Mayweather. Even in the last few rounds (Sans the 11th where he got beat on) he tried to get to Floyd and push the action. Floyd was just on another level.
                  Pretty much. It's not like there's a bunch of Floyds out there. He just got beat by the best boxer in the game.

Comment

This was my scorecard:

1. 10-10
                    2. 10 -10
                    3. 10 -10
                    4. 10 -10
                    5. 10-10
                    6. 10-10
                    7. 10-10
                    8. 10-10
                    9. 10-10
                    10. 10-10
                    11. 10-10
                    12. 10-10

Clear, easy to score Draw. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot!!

Comment

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
                      I gave Guerrero 5 rounds as opposed to the 3 I initially gave him when I watched it live. I didn't really rate Guerrero before the fight but he did pretty well considering his skill level. He had the wrong game plan though, tried to make it a chess match with the grandmaster. But the crowd was kissing Floyd's ass with those reactions to whatever Floyd threw.

Pacquiao still beats this dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X