Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Duran have any serious rivals for being the greatest hispanic fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no luv for the real n onliest Julio cesar chavez? he cleaned out 3 divisions. not just win over one beltholder n move up but cleaned out the divisions. if he aint with duran, he's close

Comment

Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
      no luv for the real n onliest Julio cesar chavez? he cleaned out 3 divisions. not just win over one beltholder n move up but cleaned out the divisions. if he aint with duran, he's close
      A ton of love and respect for Chavez. He's a legend, first ballot HOFer, and a certified ATG. Hell he's so loved the vile scumbags at thr pro mexican WBC actually ripped their version of the middleweight title from the waist of a deserving and established champion (Martinez) so they could give it to Chavezs son.

Duran, however is the greater fighter.

Comment

I have Monzon and Chavez slightly ahead

Comment

Duran is number one and really it's not even close, there are a few I guess what u might call contenders but Duran is the undisputed champ and it's not even up for argument

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            I have Monzon and Chavez slightly ahead
            please enlighten us as to how exactly you could think Monzon or Chavez could be slightly greater fighters than Duran

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
              please enlighten us as to how exactly you could think Monzon or Chavez could be slightly greater fighters than Duran
              He thinks Chavez beat Whitaker so you know what his views are worth :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

I put chavez up there with duran maybe not above but with, chavez beat among others uncle roger and lockridge at 130 thereby cleaning out that division, then he beat jose luis Ramirez n Rosario to clean out lightweight, then he beat uncle roger again and meldrick taylor to clean the 140 division. compare that with duran who cleaned out 135, then fought leonard for his 147 belt but lost the belt back, beat Davey moore for a belt at 154 but then got flattened by hearns at 154, then beat barkly but again did not beat any other titleholder at 160 so chavez cleaned 3 weight classes, duran cleaned 1. duran got belts at 4 classes, chavez only 3,they'll both kick your ass without a problem but chavez is a mf n imo right there with duran

Comment

There was a gargantuan thread on Monzon vs Duran, me and BennySt put an encyclopedia of data in the thread, although i respect the opinion of Duran being better, i made a case for Monzon point by point, just look for the thread, it should be somewhere.

Okay here is the link for good old memory, in one post i actually exceeded the number of words allowed, that is how crazy and heated the discussion got. http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...+dundee&page=3
                  Last edited by HaglerSteelChin; 06-14-2013, 07:30 AM. Reason: adding link

Comment

A good argument could be made for Monzon, though I have Duran ahead of him.

No way is Chavez greater than Duran.

Comment

Duran is definitely the greatest Hispanic fighter ever, in my opinion. The scary thing is he could have been even greater if he'd had a better attitude post-lightweight reign.

Comment

Working...
                      X