No announcement yet.

Why do boxers wear shoes ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do boxers wear shoes ?

As serious as I can be right now. The thought never crossed my mind but is there a rule stating that you have to wear them and even in there was why does the rule exist ? I can see maybe extra grip (rubber on canvas ) but I would think if they were allowed to a few fighters might prefer to "go commando" in the same way punters( nfl) in the 70's used to kick fg's bare foot.

Foot stomping and plus it'd be fruity to wear no shoes in a boxing ring, this aint MMA

Comment

maybe because without the support shoes provide, boxers would injure their feet?

The same reason why people who wear shoes, wear shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        As serious as I can be right now. The thought never crossed my mind but is there a rule stating that you have to wear them and even in there was why does the rule exist ? I can see maybe extra grip (rubber on canvas ) but I would think if they were allowed to a few fighters might prefer to "go commando" in the same way punters( nfl) in the 70's used to kick fg's bare foot.
        is this a serious question or are you just stupid? the same reason why any athlete wears shoes..they protect your feet. without shoes, there would be foot injuries and twisted ankles every fight

Comment

All that pivoting with the feet would lead to some nasty feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
            is this a serious question or are you just stupid? the same reason why any athlete wears shoes..they protect your feet. without shoes, there would be foot injuries and twisted ankles every fight
            I doubt there really would most boxing shoes are canvas and even when tied really tight offer little to no support for your ankle. Stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              Foot stomping and plus it'd be fruity to wear no shoes in a boxing ring, this aint MMA
              What difference would the foot stomping make ? I agree with the mma comment.

Comment

apparently TS has never played a sport in his entire life. seriously the most idiotic question I ever heard. that's like asking, why do football players wear helmets?

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                  What difference would the foot stomping make ? I agree with the mma comment.
                  um if you stomp on someone bare feet, you're gonna **** it up bad. step on someone's shoes and it's no big deal. are you seriously this stupid TS?

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMay08 View Post
                    apparently TS has never played a sport in his entire life. seriously the most idiotic question I ever heard. that's like asking, why do football players wear helmets?
                    I've actually boxed myself and played football. Most of us ran chose to run our 40's barefoot.

Comment

Working...
                    X