UFC 163 gets Kos vs Maia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 163 gets Kos vs Maia

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ed-for-ufc-163

I liked Kos's odds in this fight. If people bring up the Maia-Fitch fight they must have never watched Kos fight. Fitch has and will always be a come forward grinder. He just got out grappled by a better grappler.

Kos isn't a grappler. He's also a good counterpuncher unlike Fitch with great power. I expect him to circle maia and catch him coming in with a brutal shot.

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ed-for-ufc-163

I liked Kos's odds in this fight. If people bring up the Maia-Fitch fight they must have never watched Kos fight. Fitch has and will always be a come forward grinder. He just got out grappled by a better grappler.

Kos isn't a grappler. He's also a good counterpuncher unlike Fitch with great power. I expect him to circle maia and catch him coming in with a brutal shot.
    I agree that Kos poses different problems, and keeping him down should be difficult [at least early on] but his cardio has looked a bit suspect for awhile, if its a grinding fight like Maia vs Fitch, Koscheck may gas.

also his striking is kinda ****. he has power in one hand and can throw it hard but his technique is still not elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
      I agree that Kos poses different problems, and keeping him down should be difficult [at least early on] but his cardio has looked a bit suspect for awhile, if its a grinding fight like Maia vs Fitch, Koscheck may gas.

also his striking is kinda ****. he has power in one hand and can throw it hard but his technique is still not elite level.
      True I should say he has good timing rather then good counterpuncher even though he did outbox Hendricks IMO

Comment

Kos will likely lose. To be honest, idk, its a pretty level fight.

Maia can't do shyt other than bjj. Koscheck only uses the overhand right. So it's a toss up for me. If he lands the right it could be a short night. But like sn1g said, kos has been suspect cardio lately and could get abu dhabi'd.

I like kos but I can't make a definitive call on this one. Who else is on the card?

Comment

incredibly stupid matchup. wtf was joe silva thinking making this???? josh is on a 2 fight losing streak and maia is on a 3 fight winning streak including wins over fitch, story, and stun gun(albeit kinda flukish).

i dont know why maia would even take this fight... its a step down imo. i thought he was coming close to a title shot at ww.

Comment

Originally posted by almost View Post
            incredibly stupid matchup. wtf was joe silva thinking making this???? josh is on a 2 fight losing streak and maia is on a 3 fight winning streak including wins over fitch, story, and stun gun(albeit kinda flukish).

i dont know why maia would even take this fight... its a step down imo. i thought he was coming close to a title shot at ww.
            Name opponent. If he wins, can claim to be the final nail in Kos's career, and if he dominates, then looks even more impressive.

Comment

Los arguably beat hendricks

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                Name opponent. If he wins, can claim to be the final nail in Kos's career, and if he dominates, then looks even more impressive.
                and if he loses....

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                  Los arguably beat hendricks

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  I am curious, do you hate Hendricks because of the fans who jumped on the bandwagon?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
                    I am curious, do you hate Hendricks because of the fans who jumped on the bandwagon?
                    I don't hate him, his stans are annoying though. Especially the ones who criticize Kos for only throwing right hands are real hypocritical when all Johnny real throws is lefts and Kos arguably outpointed him. Kos also has more of a case of beating him then Condit.

Also it makes no sense people saying "OMGZ HOW DOES THIS FIGHT MAKE SENSE?" Maia's best win is Fitch who wasn't close to a title shot, but now all the sudden Maia is because he beat him? But they expected him to fight guys like Ellenberger or Condit. Who Ellenburger got knocked out 3 fights ago by Kampman and is not close to a title shot by KOing Marquardt who was coming off a loss himself. And Condits coming off 2 straight losses too.

Comment

Working...
                    X