Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacare Souza will be the man to beat Silva!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacare Souza will be the man to beat Silva!!!

I won't say first strikeforce champ just yet because I think Gilbert could definitely upset Be do. Bendo has fought 2 fighters with solid boxing and wrestling and that's Varner and Edgar who both gave him trouble though Varners bjj isn't as good as Melendez who trains with diaz bros and shields.

But people talk about GSP, Weidman or Jones, but Jacare will be the man that beats him. He's 10x the grappler of all of them. They couldn't touch him on the mat. He's like Maia but with great takedowns. Not to mention his boxing gets better each time he fights. Though he wouldn't trade with Silva. Not to he's more explosive then and twice the athletic speciman then weidman or chael with better boxing and BJJ.

He will make a statement against Constaine like he did against Herman who nobody has embarrassed like he did. Then hopefully he gets Okami who he'd beat. And hopefully fights Vitor or Bisping in the winter to get the next crack after Silva wins EITHER super fight.

I would not favor Jacare in this fight if it were to happen but imo he definitely has the best chance at MW. Dudes boxing has evolved greatly in his last couple of fights and he seems to have more punching power. Also, his takedowns have gotten alot smoother/more well-timed and that says alot because his takedowns were always pretty good.

I think that Jacare is similar to Chris Weidman except he has better BJJ and striking. Yes, I said striking.

Comment

I don't see it. Jacare is a beast, don't get me wrong, but I think Weidman is the only guy at MW with a chance to beat Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit
        I don't see it. Jacare is a beast, don't get me wrong, but I think Weidman is the only guy at MW with a chance to beat Silva.
        Jacare is better athletically and on the ground. Stand up is extremely close

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
          Jacare is better athletically and on the ground. Stand up is extremely close

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Eh, I don't know. While Weidman isn't a k-1 level kickboxer, at least he doesn't act like one.

Jacare tries to play the boxing game too much, and that would be his downfall against Silva. His TD's aren't as good as Weidman's either. Not from what I've seen.

Comment

No. Jacare would get owned or do a maia.

Weidman imo is inexperienced. Silva will finish him with the slightest of openings.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              Eh, I don't know. While Weidman isn't a k-1 level kickboxer, at least he doesn't act like one.

Jacare tries to play the boxing game too much, and that would be his downfall against Silva. His TD's aren't as good as Weidman's either. Not from what I've seen.
              imo weidmans takedowns are still kind of unproven. yeah, he took down mark munoz with ease but mark munoz's wrestling barely transferred over to mma imo. mark munoz is crazy overrated. a gassed chris leben was took munoz down on a couple occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by almost View Post
                imo weidmans takedowns are still kind of unproven. yeah, he took down mark munoz with ease but mark munoz's wrestling barely transferred over to mma imo. mark munoz is crazy overrated. a gassed chris leben was took munoz down on a couple occasions.
                That's a fair assessment. I've always thought Munoz was highly overrated. I was even dumbfounded at MMA fans thinking Weidman deserved a shot with Silva after beating Munoz, just because he was ranked #2 MW.

I don't think anyone beats Silva, but to me, Weidman has the best chance.

Shoot, I hope either Jacare or Weidman beat Silva.

Comment

The same Jacare that had trouble with Mayhem?

Comment

i dont see anyone at middleweight beating silva, maybe some lhws can beat him or gsp if he can fight him weight drained

Comment

Working...
                    X