Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios vs Mike Alvarado II & Undercards RbR and Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a good stoppage. Alvarado was taking punches, blocking nothing.

Get it Rios!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      I didn't like the stoppage in the first fight. As tough as Alvarado is he should've been given a second chance. He also has great conditioning. As much as I'd like him to win the rematch I'll be hesistant to pick him to come out on top this time around.

He might choose to box again but I hope its no Philly shell mimic bs. In the end, he will be drawn into a war again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Alavardo didnt throw a single punch back, and on the ropes he kept making eye contact with the ref.

Stoppage was defiantly legit.

could it have been gone on a lil but yes but then Mike would have never been the same.

you already seen how he reacted to the ass whooping, went into depression and starting knife fights now he scared up on his cheeks.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
        This is a pointless fight. Rios already beat this dude down and he should be looking to make bigger moves. This Avarado fight is a lateral move at best. I know the first fight was entertaining but Rios has nothing to prove. Rios is not a slick boxer and can only take but so many shots to the face. He shouldnt be waisting them on Avarado. If you listen to him talk hes already starting to sound punch drunk. Bradley, Marquez, and Pacquiao are the guys Rios should be looking to get in the ring with.
        It's pretty much guaranteed Rios will get Marquez, Bradley, or Pac if he wins this. I'm pumped for it, Alvarado felt the stoppage was bad so here we are with the rematch.

Comment

Same prediction as the first fight.

Pulling for Alvarado, expect a Rios W.

Comment

Terrence Crawford is going to step in to replace Khabib due to an elbow injury, to fight Prescott on the undercard of Rios-Alvarado II.

http://www.boxingscene.com/terence-c...rescott--63604

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
              I picked Rios in the first fight....but I thought the stoppage wasn't cool....Mike was hurt badly but dude has proven he can bounce back when in trouble...I'm quite sure Smoger would've let it continue....I'm picking Alvarado to win a decision this time....but a DRAW wouldn't suprise me at all

when the first fight got signed...I felt like it had TRILOGY written all over it!!
              I'm with you. Alvarado was hurting Rios early but he got sloppy. I think he moves and boxes and appears to be the winner and they call the fight a draw, setting up the trilogy.

Comment

Rios by mid-to-late stoppage.

I expect Alvarado to do a LOT more moving this time, but Rios will catch up with him from time to time and do damage...which will mount up to a 7th/8th round stoppage.

Comment

Comment

Rios is dragging mike into another brawl no matter how hard he tries to box him. rios by another stoppage around round 8

Comment

Tony Weeks has been named the referee so I don't think there'll be any complaints about the stoppage, if it comes.

Comment

Working...
                      X