No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Not Surprised if Mayweather Rejects Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
    he would be now. same weight. not two weight classes below like he was before
    If they fight now the outcome will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      So Marquez doesn't consider himself a risk to Floyd?
      Well he said Floyd wad P4P the best and is basically saying that no pure boxer will give Floyd trouble, including himself but someone who is going to bully him and make it rough could. I don't see it though. Roughing up berto is not the sane as doing it to Floyd and I cant believe how many people are really suggesting that Floyd is ducking ghost or canelo

Comment

I disagree, JMM is really showing his age IMO. I thought he looked real slow prior to the Pacqquiao knockout

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
          He just mad that Mayweather humiliated him in front a whole bunch of Mexicans when Floyd fought him.

Floyd took plenty of risk,he fought Diego Corrales when Corrales was undefeated and ko`ed everybody left and right,He took on Castillo twice,He signed to fight Zab Judah when Zab was coming off of a win over a prime Cory Spinks and that fight was considered dangerous for Floyd before Zab lost to baldomir,Floyd also took on a much bigger Delahoya with no catchweights and Floyd came in at 150 while Oscar came in weighing in his mid to late 160`s minimum.He took on Cotto with no catchweights.While Marquez moved up and asked Pacquiao and Mayweather for catchweights and avoided Amir Khan when Khan challenged him.
          Zab wasn't coming off of a win. Floyds last risky fight was against dlh (older dlh) and he took bc of the money involved.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
            He just mad that Mayweather humiliated him in front a whole bunch of Mexicans when Floyd fought him.

Floyd took plenty of risk,he fought Diego Corrales when Corrales was undefeated and ko`ed everybody left and right,He took on Castillo twice,He signed to fight Zab Judah when Zab was coming off of a win over a prime Cory Spinks and that fight was considered dangerous for Floyd before Zab lost to baldomir,Floyd also took on a much bigger Delahoya with no catchweights and Floyd came in at 150 while Oscar came in weighing in his mid to late 160`s minimum.He took on Cotto with no catchweights.While Marquez moved up and asked Pacquiao and Mayweather for catchweights and avoided Amir Khan when Khan challenged him.
            Actually he's mad that Mayweather didn't hold his part of the bargain by not making the contract weight. Floyd looked like a middleweight fighting a fat lightweight.Floyd actually lost to Castillo but corrupt judging help him there. Since the Castillo beat down Floyd has not fought anyone in their prime that's in his weight class. All have been washed has beens like Mosley Cotto, Delahoya who would have never been champs have they been only 2 titles like in the 80's
            Last edited by Luilun; 02-15-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              So Marquez doesn't consider himself a risk to Floyd?
              A careful reading of Marquez's statement would answer your question. Lets see how shall we?

"I had to come up in weight to face Floyd" (from 144 to 146? yada yada?).

Here the risk aversion is the weight class. Floyd felt that at a heavier weight he could handle Marquez a lot easier and he was correct (apparently).

Whats INTERESTING is that Marquez....the same machismo guy who has done some remarkable things in the ring....seems to have no desire to face Floyd at ANY weight! Which really makes one think don't it? about how good Floyd is to Marquez.

Marquez obviously knows that Floyd had him "handled" by fighting at a weight where Marquez could not be a live dog but Marquez could have prefaced his statement with a challenge to Floyd at another weight which he chose not to do...I was thinking of starting a thread on this mystery actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                Actually he's mad that Mayweather didn't hold his part of the bargain by not making the contract weight. Floyd looked like a middleweight fighting a fat lightweight
                Its funny how people project onto Marquez when no projection is needed at all....Marquez is a straight shooter (ahem...in the ring at least). He does not sound mad at all, just matter of fact. And the mere fact that he is not challenging Floyd tells people that he does not feel he can beat Floyd.

Marquez is not a ducker....He more or less said (if one reads between the lines) "Floyd can beat me, This is not an issue of weight class.

If anyone has heard Marquez call Floyd out it would suprise the **** out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Dude, no one in boxing has fought more bigger guys than Floyd. He was routinely outweighed by alot in his fights and naturally the much smallest fighter
                  He never jumped up 2 weight classes to fight someone. He had already been fighting at 147 when he fought Boldomir and Ortiz. De La Hoya was the biggest guy he's faced and Cotto is small for 154. Castillo was bigger than him too but he was only going up one weight class in that fight and Castillo actually made the contracted weight in like Floyd against JMM.

Comment

JMM came in the ring at 135? News to me.

Comment

plus marquez punches like a middleweight now that he has heredia helping him...

Comment

Working...
                      X