Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 03-25-2017, 06:34 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Shaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 75,411.06
Default I went to a basketball game yesterday and they have a giveaway is it worth anything?

So forgive me as I know nothing about professional basketball. The CEO of my mom's company got us tickets to a Lakers game last night. There was a huge ceremony prior to the game for a retired player (I forget his name) who they also erected a statue outside the arena for. It was a pretty big deal it seems.

Anyways, they gave everyone in attendance a replica model figurine of the statue. My question is, will this item be worth anything in the future? Should I keep it in the box and never open it for resale value? Or is it something that can be bought in stores? Because I'd like to display it in my bedroom if I can but I will avoid doing so if it's worth keeping pristine in the box.
Shaolin Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:38 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5348 Post(s)
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,784,107.00
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
So forgive me as I know nothing about professional basketball. The CEO of my mom's company got us tickets to a Lakers game last night. There was a huge ceremony prior to the game for a retired player (I forget his name) who they also erected a statue outside the arena for. It was a pretty big deal it seems.

Anyways, they gave everyone in attendance a replica model figurine of the statue. My question is, will this item be worth anything in the future? Should I keep it in the box and never open it for resale value? Or is it something that can be bought in stores? Because I'd like to display it in my bedroom if I can but I will avoid doing so if it's worth keeping pristine in the box.
That was the Shaq statue they unvieled last night! That was history. It's not worth much if you didn't get it signed by Shaq himself. You could probably get $50 for it on Ebay from a Lakers fan living on the other side of the country

Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:42 PM #3
Contender

Shaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Sword has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
That was the Shaq statue they unvieled last night! That was history. It's not worth much if you didn't get it signed by Shaq himself. You could probably get $50 for it on Ebay from a Lakers fan living on the other side of the country

Oh, thanks! I thought it was from a player of the black and white era. I was off by a couple decades haha!

But yeah I know it's not worth much now, well actually they're going for like $100 on ebay, but I'm talking about in the way future. There were about 18,000 fans in attendance last night, and employees and media also got some. So there are probably about 20,000 of those floating around right now in the entire world. With there only being 20,000 in the entire world, do you think many years from now it will be worth a lot?
Old 03-25-2017, 06:47 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup 

Quote:
Oh, thanks! I thought it was from a player of the black and white era. I was off by a couple decades haha!

But yeah I know it's not worth much now, well actually they're going for like $100 on ebay, but I'm talking about in the way future. There were about 18,000 fans in attendance last night, and employees and media also got some. So there are probably about 20,000 of those floating around right now in the entire world. With there only being 20,000 in the entire world, do you think many years from now it will be worth a lot?
And in a couple of years a lot of people will lose theirs so there will be a lot less floating around. But if you ever get a chance to get it autographed by Shaq you should do it. Even if it's one of those autograph shows where you have to pay $50 for an autograph it'll still be worth it.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:49 PM #5
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
And in a couple of years a lot of people will lose theirs so there will be a lot less floating around. But if you ever get a chance to get it autographed by Shaq you should do it. Even if it's one of those autograph shows where you have to pay $50 for an autograph it'll still be worth it.
OK thanks! So I will keep it in the box then since the actual figurine is packaged inside Styrofoam. I would have loved to take it and out and display it in my room though. I enjoyed that game so much, I know Lakers suck ass but it was very fun! I am a fan for sure.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:52 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
OK thanks! So I will keep it in the box then since the actual figurine is packaged inside Styrofoam. I would have loved to take it and out and display it in my room though. I enjoyed that game so much, I know Lakers suck ass but it was very fun! I am a fan for sure.
All live sporting events are fun. I'm not a hockey fan and won't watch it on TV but I love going to hockey games. Whenever you get a chance to see high level athletes performing live it's always a treat.
Old Yesterday, 04:54 AM #7
dfgdfgf

Quoted: 1213 Post(s)
Sup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond reputeSup has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,000,000,451.13
An honourable man. - JabRight Trump wins - Freedom. 

First there was that guy who didn't know who MJ was, now this guy who doesn't know who Shaq is?

WTF
Sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM #8
Contender

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Rockybigblower is a splendid one to beholdRockybigblower is a splendid one to beholdRockybigblower is a splendid one to beholdRockybigblower is a splendid one to beholdRockybigblower is a splendid one to beholdRockybigblower is a splendid one to beholdRockybigblower is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 8,121.29

In one hundred and twenty years it will be worth one hundred and twenty bucks...pass it on to your kids.
Rockybigblower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM #9
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these partsShelia Wren is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 2,154.95

Nice! My brother will love it. He's a fan!
Shelia Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2967 Post(s)
siablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond reputesiablo14 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,755,301,062,450,487,296.00
Total Points: 45,755,301,062,457,982,976.00
Enjoy Man - Rocky... You need alcohol bro - mangler More food - mangler Have your cake and eat it. - ▀reakbeat A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! gift - MANGLER No Message - dj Pepe spurs!!! - $ j-210 $ Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy 
Hahaha, God bless. - Santa_ thanks alot - titan m Can't green ya yet so have this Red Stripe on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER respect brother! - PF Rudyo With my much respect except this bottle of Cristal and accept my apology for be'n out of the green.  http://dandm.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/4/840117.jpg - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Do your thing man...... - BERNIE'S CORNER my nigga! thanks - -jose- Happy Holidays - TBear For beat'n the odds and deal'n with everyday ignorance - BERNIE'S CORNER Have another Redstripe on me....👍🏼 - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - _PlaT_NuM_ Hepatitis C - Breakbeat AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ??? Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - S a m u r a i Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Izrock Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Artur Kyshenko Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - ??? Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Izrock AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - The Scientist Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Childhood Cancer - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Hepatitis C - mangler Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
First there was that guy who didn't know who MJ was, now this guy who doesn't know who Shaq is?

WTF
Must be trolling.
siablo14 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
anything?, basketball, game, giveaway, worth, yesterday

User Tag List