Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Povtekin Dispute is Resolved By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    True.

I've usually defended Wlad's choices in the past (for example, he had to fight Thompson the second time because the IBF mandated it, and Wach was at least undefeated, fit and durable).

But Solis has ONE win in two years, a decision win over Airich (who was KOed in round one by Tye Fields and Manuel Charr) and Odlanier became tired after a few rounds and struggled in the second half of that fight.

As a fan of Wlad, I'll feel embarrassed if he goes ahead and fights Solis.

He should at least fight a ranked contender (Solis has dropped out of all the ABC rankings).

The only way he makes fighting Solis ok is if he speeds up his activity/schedule and goes on a 'bum of the month' type tour, making year round title defenses against old past prime, young up and coming, and present mandatory challengers. An all of the above approach.

Stop by in Austria and Ko some Rahman-type, over the hill name. Perhaps David Tua. Then fly over to Switzerland and KO and young undefeated guy (insert young unbeaten fighters name here), then Fly over to the states and harpoon the whale Chris Arreola one more time, in front of an American crowd.

Rinse and repeat all the way up to 20 some title defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      i knew klitschko would get an extension. i kind of laughed when i saw solis as a possible opponent a few weeks back & a well known klitschko fan swore up & down wlad wasn't fighting solis. now he is the one talking about the fight. solis is hard to read. sometimes he looks so lackluster & out of shape but other times he will still look out of shape but he will throw quick power combinations & take a guy out impressively. the talent is there & if he could get into decent shape he could be trouble for any HW but that 1.8 million, multiple knee surgeries & a long layoff could have taken what little motivation solis has left. i wonder if povetkin will just wait until his mandatory or take another fight? i'm sure he will wait & not make the same mistakes mercer(ferguson loss), mccline(brock loss), & tua(barrett 2 loss)did when they were all but signed for a world title shot.

Perhaps Solis needs to ask permission from the Cuban Govt; if he can set up camp there, under their strict supervision. With their communist ways of starving fighters into discipline so they can catch them some Gold, he should be in proper shape in no time. He's indulged in the Western diet for far too enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        He and Solis met at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Rafael does qualify as a HEAVYweight. The boy must be close to 300 pounds.
        Rafael is more than 300 pounds. He's 350 easy.

Comment

The only good thing about Wlad destroying the idiot fat bum Sponge Bob Solis is we'll never have to hear about Solis again from his delusional fan club who don't realize this guy has done **** as a pro except eat and get lapdances in strip clubs.

Comment

Working...
          X