Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero, Trout or Bradley are the only way floyd gets credibility!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    You're a walking contradiction when it comes to Floyd, ain't ya bwoy?? In this very quoted post, you admit to preferring other fights. Most likely because you already know the ginger fight is a farce. But when people say exactly what you say & aren't a Floyd fan, they hating & want him to lose.

Even though conventional wisdom says he easily beats the Ghost & Bradley & ginger. Floyd doesn't have to "earn credibility". It's the opponent that needs to. Bradley & the Ghost have done that. Also Trout by beating Cotto just like Floyd did.
    saying I prefer other fights and saying the fights is a joke are two different things.

is there any other valid reason to explain why someone would say floyd needs credibility?

as I asked, can you name any other fight where the larger opponent had to gain credibility against a fighter moving up?

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      What you see as a problem with fans I see as a problem with the business of boxing. Why should fighters get paid big bucks to fight sh!+ fights against fighters who have large fanbases. It used to be fighters got paid big money to fight the most competitive fights and those fighters didn't always have the largest fan base. Fans back then paid for the competition of the fight in front them not for the fake WWE spectacle that a promoter sold them. Its not that way anymore but I don't see a problem with it going back to being that way. I understand that fighters need to get their money and the most that they can possibly get but if I don't agree with it I will comment on it and not buy it.

Tell me what is the total amount of difference that you see in tickets sold and PPV buys in fights with PBF vs Trout, PBF vs Bradley and PBF vs Guerrero? Cause I sure as hell can't see much of a difference.
      tredh, when was this? and what do you mean "big money"?

Like Hearns/Leonard/DUran. Hearns had to wait 2 years to get that fight. SRL fought DUran instead of Hearns, not because he was the best out there.

Back then the better fights were the ones televised. It was much easier to get ratings because there were fewer TV outlets. Nowadayas, with so much competition, proven ratings draws get TV exsposure, not necessari;y a great fight, especially the lower weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        saying I prefer other fights and saying the fights is a joke are two different things.

is there any other valid reason to explain why someone would say floyd needs credibility?

as I asked, can you name any other fight where the larger opponent had to gain credibility against a fighter moving up?

You're turning the tread into something it isn't. Floyd is already credible. But he needs to fight someone who's credible to make the fight credible. Should we throw credit out there simply cause Floyd is fighting?? Hell naw, the opponent has to be worthy or the fight is garbage.

Comment

You're turning the tread into something it isn't. Floyd is already credible. But he needs to fight someone who's credible to make the fight credible. Should we throw credit out there simply cause Floyd is fighting?? Hell naw, the opponent has to be worthy or the fight is garbage.
          ok. we can move on, but before we do can you please answer:

can you name any other fight where the larger opponent had to gain credibility against a fighter moving up?

Comment

Like Hearns/Leonard/DUran. Hearns had to wait 2 years to get that fight. SRL fought DUran instead of Hearns, not because he was the best out there.

Back then the better fights were the ones televised. It was much easier to get ratings because there were fewer TV outlets. Nowadayas, with so much competition, proven ratings draws get TV exsposure, not necessari;y a great fight, especially the lower weights.
            There you go involving the big Bwoys again. Trying to make a comparison. Even though the comparo is utter trash.

SRL, Duran & Hearns, how does ginger end up being compared to Duran?? Are you crazy??

Comment

ok. we can move on, but before we do can you please answer:

can you name any other fight where the larger opponent had to gain credibility against a fighter moving up?
              Hah, before I answer that, can you name me a fighter moving up??

Comment

Hearns may have had to wait 2 years but look at who both fighters fought in the meantime. Come on now we waited 3 years for PBF vs Manny to never happen while both fought fighters who couldn't really hold their jock straps!! At the sametime the both broke banks each time they fought and checks got cut.

No back then the best fights were shown on closed circuit TV.

Back then you think Don King would have offered Ali 5mill to fight Sam Peter?

Comment

There you go involving the big Bwoys again. Trying to make a comparison. Even though the comparo is utter trash.

SRL, Duran & Hearns, how does ginger end up being compared to Duran?? Are you crazy??
                  You're trying to contextualize or redefine my point because you cant refute iot. No reasonable person got out of that post that I am in any way making a comparison between fighters.

Comment

Hah, before I answer that, can you name me a fighter moving up??
                    floyd is a ww moving up. again this is the 3rd time ytou've responded and haven't answered the question. can you do so now?

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      What you see as a problem with fans I see as a problem with the business of boxing. Why should fighters get paid big bucks to fight sh!+ fights against fighters who have large fanbases. It used to be fighters got paid big money to fight the most competitive fights and those fighters didn't always have the largest fan base. Fans back then paid for the competition of the fight in front them not for the fake WWE spectacle that a promoter sold them. Its not that way anymore but I don't see a problem with it going back to being that way. I understand that fighters need to get their money and the most that they can possibly get but if I don't agree with it I will comment on it and not buy it.

Tell me what is the total amount of difference that you see in tickets sold and PPV buys in fights with PBF vs Trout, PBF vs Bradley and PBF vs Guerrero? Cause I sure as hell can't see much of a difference.

tthe differnce is bradley and trout have no fanbase. On cinco de mayo the hispanic fans will rally behind guerrero. I agree trout would be the most difficult fight but it makes no buisness sense if your floyd. Floyd is not a junior middleweight. The only reason for him to fight at 154 is big money fights. i.e. De la hoya and cotto and soon to be canelo. He not gon fight no junior middleweight who brings no money to the table. We might not like it. But thats how he approaches buisness

Comment

Working...
                      X