No announcement yet.

Orlando Salido

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
    Yeah basically you and I are on the same page. I don't see how Salido doesn't drag Mikey into a war and I just don't have any reason to think Garcia can handle such a thing (yet). Salido's a tough MF and I can see him really giving the kid more than he can handle at this point. Orlando's a lot smarter fighter than people realize, too.
    This is an excellent point. Didn't think of it myself, but Salido isn't some mindless brawler. "Siri" fights very actively, but intelligently. He really thinks on the go, while Mikey seems to need lulls to collect his thoughts. That's why he's so methodical in there.

Check out the video link if you have a couple of minutes. There's a quick breakdown of all three fights tomorrow by one of the "Ring" magazine editors:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8840422

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      This is an excellent point. Didn't think of it myself, but Salido isn't some mindless brawler. "Siri" fights very actively, but intelligently. He really thinks on the go, while Mikey seems to need lulls to collect his thoughts. That's why he's so methodical in there.

Check out the video link if you have a couple of minutes. There's a quick breakdown of all three fights tomorrow by one of the "Ring" magazine editors:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8840422
      Yeah, agreed. Good video. That's the thing, I feel like people are looking at Siri like he's just a face-first brawler when he isn't. People forget he clearly beat Robert Guerrero a few years ago. Intelligent pressure, that's what I figure he'll apply. We'll see tomorrow. If Garcia gets the win I think we have something very exciting on our hands, but I don't know, I kind of see Salido overwhelming the kid. And even though I like both fighters, I must admit I find it real hard to root against Salido.

As for Rosado, I think he's basically just a fighter who's real good but not great. I don't think he does anything exceptionally, nor do I think he's really durable enough. I think getting hit by some real heavy-handed shots can change the direction on Gabe. And let's face it, Rosado might have the length and skills to outbox GGG at times, but I expect Golovkin to get there and we know he's good at putting hard shots together. He's also doesn't have 'no defense' like I've seen some people suggest.

That said, on the GGG vs Rosado match-up, I am not going to be mind-blown if Rosado wins a decision. We just have limited info on Golovkin, but that said, from what I've seen I'd have to roll with him in this one.

Comment

I always like roofting for the crafty old fighter for some reason. I hope Salido executes his plan well either way it's going to be a good night of boxing.

Comment

Yeah, agreed. Good video. That's the thing, I feel like people are looking at Siri like he's just a face-first brawler when he isn't. People forget he clearly beat Robert Guerrero a few years ago. Intelligent pressure, that's what I figure he'll apply. We'll see tomorrow. If Garcia gets the win I think we have something very exciting on our hands, but I don't know, I kind of see Salido overwhelming the kid. And even though I like both fighters, I must admit I find it real hard to root against Salido.

As for Rosado, I think he's basically just a fighter who's real good but not great. I don't think he does anything exceptionally, nor do I think he's really durable enough. I think getting hit by some real heavy-handed shots can change the direction on Gabe. And let's face it, Rosado might have the length and skills to outbox GGG at times, but I expect Golovkin to get there and we know he's good at putting hard shots together. He's also doesn't have 'no defense' like I've seen some people suggest.

That said, on the GGG vs Rosado match-up, I am not going to be mind-blown if Rosado wins a decision. We just have limited info on Golovkin, but that said, from what I've seen I'd have to roll with him in this one.
          I've been watching Mikey for a couple of years now. I think he's very good, maybe even better than I think. If he beats Salido tomorrow night, I think it'll certify him as the "real deal." I'll certainly be a believer.

I've had little exposure to Golovkin and even less to Rosado. From what I've watched and read in the last twenty-four hours, it would seem that Gabe is what Collins called him in the video, "a top of the line club fighter." GGG has very heavy hands and Rosado likes to fight. It could end badly.

Golovkin may or may not be as good as people say. So far, I'm not overly impressed. But Gennady has a very aggressive style and knocks people out. That's what fans pay to see. Maybe after some time I'll become a believer. I wouldn't be surprised if I do.

By the way, great avi of "Old Boy."

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I've been watching Mikey for a couple of years now. I think he's very good, maybe even better than I think. If he beats Salido tomorrow night, I think it'll certify him as the "real deal." I'll certainly be a believer.

I've had little exposure to Golovkin and even less to Rosado. From what I've watched and read in the last twenty-four hours, it would seem that Gabe is what Collins called him in the video, "a top of the line club fighter." GGG has very heavy hands and Rosado likes to fight. It could end badly.

Golovkin may or may not be as good as people say. So far, I'm not overly impressed. But Gennady has a very aggressive style and knocks people out. That's what fans pay to see. Maybe after some time I'll become a believer. I wouldn't be surprised if I do.

By the way, great avi of "Old Boy."
            We're on the same page. I'm getting increasingly more confident in Salido the more I think about it. That said, I've been surprised before. And who knows, we could see Rosado box GGG's ears off and wonder what the hell we were all getting so hyped about. But yeah I don't see that happening.

Thanks bud! Sounds like you have good taste in movies. That's a great one.

Comment

We're on the same page. I'm getting increasingly more confident in Salido the more I think about it. That said, I've been surprised before. And who knows, we could see Rosado box GGG's ears off and wonder what the hell we were all getting so hyped about. But yeah I don't see that happening.

Thanks bud! Sounds like you have good taste in movies. That's a great one.
              One of the things that makes it fun to watch any sport is seeing if you're right about something, testing your eye, know-how and intuition. I've had my share of "rights" and "wrongs." I'd like to think I'm right a little more often than not. But anyone that thinks they've got it all figured out is either a crazy, or a genius...and there ain't too many geniuses running around. lol Besides, if an outcome was always so obvious, it would take the "sport" out of sport.

You're welcome. And thanks! I've watched a lot of films in my time, from damn near every genre, with the notable exception of "Bollywood." lol "Old Boy" was awesome. "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance," another film in the "Vengeance Trilogy" was also great. If you haven't seen "Django Unchained" yet, check it out!

Comment

Something tells me Garcia does not like to get hit and I think we'll find out tomorrow night.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I'll add a little more. I understand Salido's plan is to apply pressure but early in the fight he should apply it smartly. If GarcÃ*a really hits as hard as they say he should go smart about applying his pressure and wait for GarcÃ*a to lose some steam in his shots. Take his ass into deep waters and drown him for good. After all, Salido does grow bigger as the fight goes on. That's one of his signature things.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Something tells me Garcia does not like to get hit and I think we'll find out tomorrow night.
                    He's gonna get hit plenty. Salido is very active. He doesn't have exceptional power, but Orlando hits hard enough. I'll bet Mikey and his bro have been working on stopping that looping right hand of Salido's. I wonder what they've got.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      I'll add a little more. I understand Salido's plan is to apply pressure but early in the fight he should apply it smartly. If GarcÃ*a really hits as hard as they say he should go smart about applying his pressure and wait for GarcÃ*a to lose some steam in his shots. Take his ass into deep waters and drown him for good. After all, Salido does grow bigger as the fight goes on. That's one of his signature things.
                      Good points. Mikey's power is very good, but even though he's got a high KO percentage, I don't see him as an exceptionally powerful puncher. JuanMa punches harder, IMO. Garcia is a very smart, methodical, well-trained fighter. He picks his spots. Tomorrow night, he'll be swarmed by a guy that's taken shots at least as hard as he's capable of delivering...and survived. Will Mikey be able to continuously land on Salido? It's going to take more than one shot to put "Siri" out.

Comment

Working...
                      X