No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch on Kessler Rematch: It's Going To Be a War Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch on Kessler Rematch: It's Going To Be a War Again

CARL FROCH will get the chance to avenge the defeat that left him heartbroken when he meets Mikkel Kessler in May.

Froch is desperate to wipe away the memory of the points loss he suffered at the hands of Kessler in Denmark in April 2010.

And that chance will come in a £4m supermiddleweight unification in London on May 25, which is set to become the biggest fight of the year on these shores.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Come on Froch

I hope he pull's it off because he deserves it. I'm 100% behind him.

Comment

Winner takes it all, loser might as well retire.

Comment

HHats off to both men: none of this shying away from major competition a la Mayweather.

Comment

Hats off to both men: none of this shying away from major competition a la Mayweather.

Comment

Finally we can cut aside the duck show and show these two champions their due respect. Now, let's get to some game planning. Having just watched the first fight I saw Kessler getting success with the body shots. I think he should focus on these again, it will slow Froch down and take that little bit of snap out of his punches. Kessler should focus on boxing, as opposed to going to war. He's the better boxer of the two and if he establishes the jab and continues to move to the right as opposed to backwards, he could surprise Froch. However, looking at Froch's gameplan his best weapon is his intensity. He's so intense when he comes forward and this could be a real problem for Kessler. Potentially. Froch has (i believe) 6 inches in reach on Kessler, and that is massive. It showed in the fight and if Froch can establish a double jab and range, Kessler could be in for a difficult night. I don't feel Froch should try to do a Bute job on Kessler as he will come up short. But if he fights with intensity and good range, throwing the right hand a lot more frequent than in their first meeting - He could also win this comfortably.

Comment

it wasn't an all out war last time, but it was good throughout
              had Froch edging it closely the 1st time, 7-5
              this time, Froch will go all out and make it a war
              Froch's got this, though he probably won't KO Kessler
              he'll definitely beat him up in exchanges though
              Froch gets a clear UD

Comment

This has FOTY written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by peter stark View Post
                  Hats off to both men: none of this shying away from major competition a la Mayweather.
                  Miguel Cotto
                  Victor Ortiz
                  Shane Mosley
                  Juan Manuel Márquez
                  Ricky Hatton
                  Oscar De La Hoya

- Last 6 fights. Avoiding competition. Good logic

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    This has FOTY written all over it.
                    Potentially, but the way Kessler wants to fight it could be a boxing lesson. If it goes Froch's way, it will be a war.

Comment

Working...
                    X