Anyone here who watches Fringe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here who watches Fringe?

a 2 hour series finale coming up this week

i was skeptical to watch this at first but after 2 seasons it got me completely hooked and now im going to be sad to see it's conclusion

i just wish they made a very satisfying finale

You know I really enjoyed the first season. The second wasn't as intriguing to me and when they started doing the whole bizzaro Walter deal I was out.

Comment

I watch it but I'm a week behind. Looking forward to see how it ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Prawn Jovi View Post
        You know I really enjoyed the first season. The second wasn't as intriguing to me and when they started doing the whole bizzaro Walter deal I was out.
        on the contrary, i really didn't like the 1st season coz it's very generic for me and kinda like ripping off X-Files

but when they introduce the parallel universe mythology it suddenly had me hooked

Comment

IMO it's very good but not great. I hate that they basically retconned entire storylines of the show to push the narrative (for example, the finale to season 3 really pissed me off). I hope it ends well because last week's episode was pretty damn good despite another plot point that creates a super plot hole for the show.

BTW, it kinda sucks that John Noble has never been nominated for his work on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
            but when they introduce the parallel universe mythology it suddenly had me hooked
            The parallel universe arc on Fringe destroys the aliens/black oil arc on X-Files because of its consistency and quality. I'd always dread watching aliens/black oil episode on X-Files episode because they would suck so much near the end of the series.

Comment

Any Fringe watchers remember when Peter put the observer tech in his head and started acting like them. I thought it was really getting good and then he got talked out of it and took it out. Too bad because it added a twist to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                Any Fringe watchers remember when Peter put the observer tech in his head and started acting like them. I thought it was really getting good and then he got talked out of it and took it out. Too bad because it added a twist to the series.
                i thought it was a good twist, imagine Peter being the 1st Observer

but i guess they didn't want another someone close to Olivia getting pulled away from her, given that they killed her daughter

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                  i thought it was a good twist, imagine Peter being the 1st Observer

but i guess they didn't want another someone close to Olivia getting pulled away from her, given that they killed her daughter
                  Too bad because I enjoyed him beating the observers that way, guess it's back to recovering vhs tapes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                    IMO it's very good but not great. I hate that they basically retconned entire storylines of the show to push the narrative (for example, the finale to season 3 really pissed me off). I hope it ends well because last week's episode was pretty damn good despite another plot point that creates a super plot hole for the show.

BTW, it kinda sucks that John Noble has never been nominated for his work on the show.
                    the only flaw i can see in their plan is how are they gonna travel forward in time to convince the scientists who spawned the observers in their present timeline?

wouldn't be the Observers already occupied the Earth in THAT future?

Comment

Working...
                    X