Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd signed to fight GGG right now what would your feeling be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who say GGG is overhyped, need to realize that if he didn't have the goods he wouldn't be overhyped in the first place. Is he Floyd's level? Course not....but based on styles.....he seems to give slick defense fighters problems. An ambush fighter i think would be his worst matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      meaning what?
      meaning I would be intrigued Floyd 1st fight at MW but 154 against overrated fighter who will probably be weightdrained its not fight I would be hyped for still watch it though eventually

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
        People who say GGG is overhyped, need to realize that if he didn't have the goods he wouldn't be overhyped in the first place. Is he Floyd's level? Course not....but based on styles.....he seems to give slick defense fighters problems. An ambush fighter i think would be his worst matchup.
        I agree with your point, but not your thought-process. So does every fighter who's over-hyped or a "hype-job" is the real deal, or as you put it, "have the goods"? To be "over-hyped" means that they're is an imbalance between a fighter's skill-set/talent/quality of opposition when compared to the amount of hype/press they receive.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 01-10-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
          Berto and plenty other fighters have been ovrhyped to the gills and never had the goods so that really is a bad statement.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
            The size is a challenge but that fight makes no sense he might as well fight one of the K-bros or ****ing Butterbean. Its not that I want him to retire but I wouldn't mind if he fought Trout over Canelo. Trout has actually done something at 154. I would like him to fight Bradley over Guerrero. Martinez is a good fight as well.

Too many fighters are fighting names that don't mean a damn thing instead names that match the weight that is attached to it.
            Ya.. fighting a 5'10 guy who weights around 166 on fight night, when you are 5'8 who weights around 154 on fight night..

is the same as fighting a 6'5 6'6 Guy who weights 245.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
              Golovkin is way overhyped IMO. Give him a couple of fights to see if he really is the truth or not. If he wins those then let's see it happen in September.
              Ha. You think Floyd would EVER fight a guy like GGG? He will just continue to PPV- cherry pick his opponents all the way until retirement.

Hypothetically speaking; if the fight did happen.... I'm going to go with GGG. no explanation needed.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                The first thing that popped in my head is, "WHAT THE FUCK??" The match-up simply doesn't make sense at either weight. Floyd choosing to fight GGG would make less sense than Cotto choosing to fight Trout.
                Monetarily no it doesnt. The same as fighting Trout over Canelo.

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                Well if Floyd won I'd say GGG was overrated, weight drained, ref helped Floyd, GGG was robbed, probably find a way to throw in a comment having to do with Broner somehow, then not be satisfied unless Floyd then went up to 168 to fight Ward.

If Floyd lost, I'd say Floyd was too small, forced in to a fight that he didn't want, renickname GGG to HGH, I'm not exactly sure but the next day after the fight I'd have 100 more excuses.
                Thats honest. Dont get much of that.

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                Mismatch as hell and it'll never happen.
                In favor of who?

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Is there an excuse for every outcome!!!!

he's drained, he's bloated he stinks he doesn't!!

Why not just fight to see who's the winner and if the loser can rebound and continue on!! To damn many excuses!!!!!

What if Floyd gave up 10 pounds to this GGG, the guy is unproven and Floyd s recognized as the best, sooooooooooo...........do it!! Lets make 10 rounds no BS titles involved. The winner gets 35 mill the looser gets 20mill

.....................Ring the damn bell!.........
                Ray.
                I can dig that. Im all about in the ring sh#t and get dragged into politics of boxing because its too much complaining.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Ducking Martinez for the stylistically easier hype job.

Would call it stupid because there's more money in a Martinez fight than Golovkin. Also Martinez holds the WBC and Ring titles.

But all in all there's money at 160, relative to Floyd's usual purses, so it would be stupid.
                I should have been more specific because matters of money automatically cancel quite a few guys. What do you think from a strictly combat point of view?

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                  Ya.. fighting a 5'10 guy who weights around 166 on fight night, when you are 5'8 who weights around 154 on fight night..

is the same as fighting a 6'5 6'6 Guy who weights 245.. lol
                  For you take that statement literally says more about you than it does me!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    meaning I would be intrigued Floyd 1st fight at MW but 154 against overrated fighter who will probably be weightdrained its not fight I would be hyped for still watch it though eventually
                    I know fighters lie about how weight affects them for the money(a la Dawson). Once you let that cat out of the bag its on the fighter to fight and win or lose without excuses. I definitely understand your POV. Im really fishing for posters who hold Triple G in high regards. Even though Im saying this for everyone to see, believe me, a couple will take the bait. I was up front when I said I had an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                      Monetarily no it doesnt. The same as fighting Trout over Canelo.
                      From Floyd's "prize-fighter" mind-state, I don't see how Golovkin could even enter in his mind as a potential option. GGG shouldn't even be on his radar. From a financial perspective, you're right that they are comparable. However, GGG has a lackluster resume at MW, while Trout has a decent resume when compared to Canelo. It wouldn't make sense for Floyd to fight GGG if Martinez is available.

Comment

Working...
                      X