No announcement yet.

Better win for Ali,Liston 1 or Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liston 1 IMO.

It goes without saying both are two of the biggest wins in Boxing history but in my opinion the Liston 1 win was so much more important as if Ali loses that then the whole ALI story is stopped before it's even started. I mean of course Ali would have had the talent to come back and still get some ATG wins but given all the stuff he said before Liston 1 like claiming to be the greatest before he even won anything, imagine if he loses to Liston, the whole Muhammad Ali story is crushed before it's even begun.

Actually wait, i read it as bigger win hmmm probably the better win has to be Foreman given how nobody even gave him a sniff of beating the monster who had just destroyed Frazier in 2 rounds(not to say Ali was given any chance against Liston either but you know what i mean) but the more important win....IMO Liston 1.

Comment

Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr at the age of 22 beat Sonny Liston......youngest heavyweight champ at the time.......absolute mastery......made Liston look really amateurish...

Comment

vitali over sam peter

Comment

Ali is the greatest boxer Pre Lewis AD.

His win over Foreman was legendary. I would have loved to see a Lennox play the role of Big George that night in Zaire.. Could very well be different.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Foreman. When people think you might die going into a fight, that win will usually be your best.

Ali-Foreman is one of the great wins of all time.
            People thought he might die in the Liston fight

But I'd say Foreman too. Solely because Foreman was in his absolute prime and Ali was a little passed his best. The opposite of Liston-Ali 1.

Both spectacular, career defining wins though.

Comment

Wow, if you really know Ali's career, both of those fights were really good for him. Its a tough question to answer and you obviously have done your homework to ask a question this good. Liston was coming off 2 one round knockouts of Floyd Patterson, and Ali's chin was suspect at the time. Foreman had stopped both Frazier and Norton very quickly and Ali was looking very bad in 71 and 72 leading to this fight. Because Ali looked like he was slowing down and Foreman looking so strong, I'd have to say that was his best win, but only by a little.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                People thought he might die in the Liston fight

But I'd say Foreman too. Solely because Foreman was in his absolute prime and Ali was a little passed his best. The opposite of Liston-Ali 1.

Both spectacular, career defining wins though.
                Only Muhammad Ali wins two fights by stoppage that people thought he might die in. He's a bad man, and he's pretty.

And he won a fight he nearly did actually die in. What a beast.

Comment

Foreman was a monster who just came out of nowhere and started knocking out everyone. What he did to Frazier was frightening... Ken Norton fought scared and got overpowered.

Ali was probably the only one who had enough courage to fight Foreman with a clear mind and outsmart him.

After Ali beat Foreman, he wasn't seen as invincible and boxers started to fight him without fear (Lyle and Young) instead of being scared of his punches.

Comment

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Comment

definitely the foreman win

Comment

Working...
                      X