No announcement yet.

Biggest boxing event ever on May 4, 2013 is being planned says Golden Boy CEO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xcaret IV View Post
    not an undercard ....as a co-main event just like the floyd/ortiz canelo/gomez fight
    Alright I see what you mean, but they did that in may though with Cotto/Floyd and Canelo/Mosley. Floyd and canelo just need to fight already.

Comment

That's what they said about Mayweather vs Mosley and that did 1.5Million.

And Canelo did say a date, it was pretty obvious.

"Our next fight is scheduled to take place on May 4, we are close to finalizing the Mayweather fight."

So Schaefer is calling Canelo a liar then. From the sound of it what Richard said, it will unfortunately be Mayweather and Canelo on the same card but not against each other. Sucks, I was looking forward to this fight. Not interested in Mayweather vs Guerrero but Guerrero and his people being quiet and low key, definitely points to something brewing with Floyd, that's always the trend.

This really sucks, yeah still buying it, but it sucks. In recent years I bought May-Marquez, May-Mosley, May-Ortiz, May-Cotto, Pac-Mosley, Pac-Clottey, Pac-Marg, Pac-Cotto, Pac-Hatton, Pac-Marquez 4...May-Guerrero ranks probably in the middle of this list.

1. Mosley 2010
      2. Ortiz 2011
      3. Bradley 2012
      4. Marquez 2012
      5. Cotto 2009
      6. Cotto 2012
      7. Guerrero 2013
      8. Hatton 2009
      9. Clottey 2010
      10. Marquez 2009

This is where I rank Guerrero between May-Pac opponents since 2009, as far as his chances of winning coming in to the fight, in my eyes.

Comment

It will probably be Floyd-Guerrero and Canelo/Cotto or similar. Which yes is a big event but imo if it's true Floyd is also fighting in September this is a big build up fight more than anything. Floyd should smoke Guerrero and Canelo should manhandle Cotto at this point. Thus Floyd-Canelo in September with a bunch of hype going into it.

If things go as planned and both dominate, the fight in September would no doubt be huge, maybe not break the record but it will do extremely well. If it's a build up PPV I'll get it with a bunch of friends as usual and enjoy it for what it is, but won't be hyped up for a BIG fight until they put Floyd and Canelo together which looks to be what is down the road.

Also like someone said, they might even have an Ortiz comeback on the undercard. If they put together a great card it'll be worth the buy regardless of how you know it'll turn out.

Comment

Lol let me guess GBP its, Canelo vs Angulo n Mayweather vs Guerrero, i told yall Mayweather was praying that Guerrero beats Berto that night lol

Comment

Guerrero would be the worst opponent selection for Floyd since Baldomir in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Guerrero would be the worst opponent selection for Floyd since Baldomir in 2006.
              This is true. But they'll find a way to "big" him up before the fight. I mean he IS top 10 p4p according to ODLH's magazine right?

Comment

guerrero is a elite WW now just like broner is a elite LW. he will be a big test for floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Na, Marquez was the worst choice since Baldomir, and Guerrero is a better choice than 135 Marquez 2009. Even I angrily bashed that match up.

My policy is, even if a win grows because of what the fighter ends up doing, it does not erase that you cherrypicked him. The cherrypicked fighter just surprised you, that's all.

The Marquez win obviously became better, way better. You see just because Marquez seemingly beat Pacquiao in the 3rd fight, does not change the fact that he was chosen to be blasted in a couple of rounds. Hence why I don't even rank 2011 Marquez as a top opponent coming in to the fight.

2013 Guerrero with two wins at 147>2009 Marquez coming up from 135.

Though as wins, Marquez will end up as the greater win. But i'm talking about their chances coming in to the fight. Guerrero can win 3-4 rounds as opposed to none for Marquez.

Comment

Guerrero beat Aydin so he took his #1 ranking and the spot as Floyd's mandatory. Kicking Berto's ass was just icing on the cake. He's as legit as most any other welterweight you could name right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Guerrero beat Aydin so he took his #1 ranking and the spot as Floyd's mandatory. Kicking Berto's ass was just icing on the cake. He's as legit as most any other welterweight you could name right now.
                      Marquez beating Pacquiao
                      Guerrero beating Berto
                      Bailey beating Jones
                      Alexander beating Maidana
                      Alexander beating Bailey

Those are the top 5 wins at WW in 2012. Guerrero's win ranks at #2 IMO. So I agree. But still for Mayweather's standards, this is not a very good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X