Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter Bernard Hopkins or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    Good post. You can make the argument that the Diaz win was better than beating Cassamayor at the time JMM beat him.
    Diaz was a better win than Johnson was at that point too. Johnson hadn't faced much before Hopkins and was FAR from the fighter he became at peak. He was one of those odd jobs who peaked real late and after some losses (bad and earned) where he learned how to be Glenn Johnson.

Comment

Hopkins easily

Comment

If BHOP dominates Cloud, then Hopkins gets the nod for me. Hopkins is the better boxer but Cloud is strong and younger. If he whoops him up at over 40 years old, I'll be highly impressed.

As far as accomplishments, I give it to BHOP easily but in terms of the greater boxer.....pretty close.
        Last edited by mathed; 12-29-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Hopkins, no question. A career with some great achievements; which is still yet to be surpassed.
          While Marquez is a great fighter, Hopkins has done more in his great career and possibly in the moment for more next year!

Comment

I gotta go with Hopkins on this one......

Comment

No disrespect to JMM, but it's a laughable comparison, really. I guess memories are short. Or, maybe some people just never saw Hop back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                nobody gives a fuck about Bernard
                Sucks when guys blindfold themselves with their country flag.

Its definitely Bernard. I say this with much respect for JMM.

Comment

Jmm is a warrior and a great boxer but this honestly is not even close

Comment

BHOP and its not even close

BHOP has one of the most stacked resumes of all time

JMM has one elite win and needed Memo (PED expert turned Federal Informant)to do it

Comment

Hopkins should be the clear winner of this poll whether you like him or not or find him entertaining or not.

He has a great body of impressive wins on his resume that JMM's doesn't compare to.

Comment

Working...
                      X