Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you hire a fat person?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha this thread is great. I got my second job ever about two years ago and I will tell you from experience from working with a lot of fat people that yes, fat people are lazy. But not just fat people, we had a "vegan" punk rock deuche who didn't go by "societie's" rules work with us. That ****er was just as lazy.
    Last edited by pixelmademe; 12-10-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Tycoon View Post
      Can't help it.... I admit that I actually think and feel that fat = lazy. The outliers are the exception. I'm talking about the others who don't want to be fat but are still fat.

I attribute lack of willpower and inability to do something simple like not eating that Twinkie for a midnight snack. I also assume one doesn't have his priorities straight as one's health should be #1....superseded maybe by one's own family only. Fatties also indicate possible depression and who wants a depressed employee?

And specifically to the restaurant industry it's just damn hard to move around if you're large. So if you're an employee would you discriminate against a fat person?
      A lot of people are fat because of genetics ever thought of that?

Comment

A fat person in the process of losing weight will shine with good skin and a great attitude...it is the underlying qualities I'm trying to uncover. Its probably more like an LSAT score, being a fatty would have to be accompanied by a strong resume and good references to overcome my initial read of lazy.

Just out of curiosity, how do u distinguish a hard-working, skinny person from a lazy one?

Comment

Then you are the exception to the rule. Its just that being fat is an obstacle that must be overcome. I don't think I can be blamed for my assumptions about one's personality. However I would also be a fool to ignore evidence like prior experience.

Also being fat effects ones mind. I'm sure there's a correlation with fatness and depression. I would rather have happy employees who care about their appearance and hygiene rather than depressed ones who let themselves go. Depressed people commit suicide and shoot up the office.

I'm an avid poker player and the correlations between appearance and behavior is often rather straightforward and obvious. The burden of proof is definitely on the fat person, and I'm still convinced the risk of losing an occasional superstar worker like you is worth avoiding the cost of hiring a lazy person that I cannot fire
          I am an avid poker player myself and have known fat slobs that dont shave and generally dont care that will leave most guys that sit at their table penny less.

Comment

Might be a good way to cut down on obesity if every employer felt that way.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
              If he/she can do the job as well as (or better than) a skinny person, I would have no reservations.
              This the essence of capitalism.

The best suited to succeed will - wtf does appearance have anything to do with it.

Comment

Well...would you?

Comment

hell yea...fat people are funny

Comment

Fatso's make the best wedding singers.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ne_Trump View Post
                      Can't help it.... I admit that I actually think and feel that fat = lazy. The outliers are the exception. I'm talking about the others who don't want to be fat but are still fat.

I attribute lack of willpower and inability to do something simple like not eating that Twinkie for a midnight snack. I also assume one doesn't have his priorities straight as one's health should be #1....superseded maybe by one's own family only. Fatties also indicate possible depression and who wants a depressed employee?

And specifically to the restaurant industry it's just damn hard to move around if you're large. So if you're an employee would you discriminate against a fat person?
                      Some of the best coders I have ever worked with have been a bit rotund.
                      Depends on the job.

Comment

Working...
                      X