• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] I really hope Capoeira catches on in MMA

Cool stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
      Cool stuff!
      yes. I really hope someone has the guts to use that style.

I hope Pacquiao wins this weekend. I'm tired of JMM talking about how he won all 3 fights with Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        yes. I really hope someone has the guts to use that style.

I hope Pacquiao wins this weekend. I'm tired of JMM talking about how he won all 3 fights with Pac.
        No reason to bring in Pac Marquez.

I agree Capoeria is a kickass style of fighting, I practiced it for a little while. The only downside is keeping up the stamina to inflict damage. It's easy to wear yourself out doing all those flips and kicks. The style itself is a consistent dancing of the feet and arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
          No reason to bring in Pac Marquez.
          I said that cuz chups has a pac avatar. thats my only pac-jmm 4 post(and probably last) I've ever made. I don't ever post in NSB anymore.

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
          I agree Capoeria is a kickass style of fighting, I practiced it for a little while. The only downside is keeping up the stamina to inflict damage. It's easy to wear yourself out doing all those flips and kicks. The style itself is a consistent dancing of the feet and arms.
          yeah thats why I said "if somone has the guts to use that style". Cuz the big downside is the stamina. You just use that for 1 round and you're done.
          Last edited by -Swizzy-; 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Not sure if that'll catch on either, but do know that Anderson Silva has trained in capoeira.

Comment

It'll never truly catch on. Reminds me of jon jones' spinning back elbow. It'll catch a few guys because it's really unorthodoxed but once opponents gameplan for it it becomes pretty useless.

On top of it being needlessly flashy it also wastes way too much energy to incorporate more than just the most basic moves.

Comment

A. Silva, Cung Le and Machida have landed some flashy kicks though.

Comment

People need to realize that almost all Martial arts have something to offer. It wasn't that long ago that people were still dogging Judo as "just a sport" until Parisyan and Roussey

Comment

It definitely looks cool but I don't see anyone executing the style that's above Welterweight. Pretty hard to be that quick as a mixed martial artist. Also a wresltler would tear any of those guys apart. Unorthodox and flashy?: 100% yes Effective? Debateable

Comment

Working...
                    X