Collapse
No announcement yet.

lol New Orleans Hornets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just hearing about this on ESPN Radio, I can't wait to get my pelican Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
      The New Orleans Hornets are expected to become the New Orleans Pelicans, perhaps as early as the 2013-14 season, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

Yahoo! Sports, citing numerous sources, reports the team also considered Krewe and Brass as potential nicknames.

The Hornets have planned to change their name since New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson, who also owns the rights to the Pelicans nickname, bought the team in April.

http://espn.go.com/nba/conversations...cording-report

lol pelicans
      Hey, hey, hey J-countdown. Back up off mah Hornets/Peli's. The countdown my be home from here on out but my heart stays in Louisiana bruh. The Saints and the Hornets/Peli's are always gon be mah teams. Bout time we changed our name from the Hornets.

Comment

Not bad. At least they are not the Clippers.

Comment

Jordan now saying he may change the Bobcats back to their original name, the Hornets, should NO's name change go through.

Comment

i dont know why everybody is b*tchin about the name.

I like it.

Its original, unique, and relevant to the city of new orleans.

People think its a dumb name because its new.

I remember when houston got a football franchise again and they said they were going to be called the texans. everybody in houston hated it at first but looking at it now, its perfect.

Same thing will happen with the pelicans. I really like the name. And people will too. they just dont know it yet.
            Last edited by The Tase; 12-05-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              i dont know why everybody is b*tchin about the name.

I like it.

Its original, unique, and relevant to the city of new orleans.

People think its not a dumb name because its new.

I remember when houston got a football franchise again and they said they were going to be called the texans. everybody in houston hated it at first but looking at it now, its perfect.

Same thing will happen with the pelicans. I really like the name. And people will too. they just dont know it yet.
              This. With team names like heat, thunder, and bobcats I don't see the problem. On top of that Pelicans are some pretty boss birds. They will eat all kinds of animals and will attack people. People think they are this big dumb weak burn when they really aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                This. With team names like heat, thunder, and bobcats I don't see the problem. On top of that Pelicans are some pretty boss birds. They will eat all kinds of animals and will attack people. People think they are this big dumb weak burn when they really aren't.
                absolutely.

imagine if the clippers didnt exist and a team was named the clippers. people would think its a dumb name but since the clippers has been around nobody thinks twice about the name.

its just because its new.

Comment

Working...
                X