Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer, De La Hoya Discuss Mayweather vs. Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mayweather fought Guerrero next, it'd be on the level of Pacquiao-Clottey. A decent fight against a Top 10 WW, but not a big fight or a fight that will do anything for him. Now if Guerrero beats a Bradley, Alexander, or Matthysse next, than Floyd-Guerrero should happen and Guerrero will have earned it 100%.

People are going to say "Well Ortiz beat Berto and landed Floyd, why not Guerrero???". Well Berto was also rated better at the time Ortiz beat him. Berto was the #2 WW in the world at the time, and was heavily rumored to be fighting pacquiao until Pac opted to fight Mosley. Berto was still a solid win for Guerrero, but when Ortiz dominated him and battered him, it was seen as better by most.

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
      The Chump Ducks, all opposition, that he knows he can't Beat.
      Haven't U noticed???
      So Floyd is ducking the Middleweight champ.....but the Middleweight champ won't even fight Golovkin or Pirog because they aren't known enough, and instead will fight Martin Murray of all people, and than a pointless Chavez rematch probably. Yet Floyd's ducking a MW......

Comment

These promoters never cease to amaze me with me the dumb shit they say. Oscar is too busy dickriding his baby boy Canelo, and Schaefer says this, "Because if he can walk through Berto like that, tell me what 147-pounder can beat this guy? Nobody."
        Last edited by kiaba360; 11-25-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
          I think Guerrero beating Berto earns him respect in that division. But it damn sure doesn't make him elite. I don't see his style giving Mayweather any problems. I'd rather see Alvarez vs Mayweather. And Floyd understands the game. It's about money. I don't think it's going to happen.
          Won't Happen, the Cinnamon Man is too Tough, and FRAUD too SMART!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            So Floyd is ducking the Middleweight champ.....but the Middleweight champ won't even fight Golovkin or Pirog because they aren't known enough, and instead will fight Martin Murray of all people, and than a pointless Chavez rematch probably. Yet Floyd's ducking a MW......
            Not to mention JMW, and WW....U don't seem to be paying attention....

Comment

Mayweather fights Alvarez who's a much bigger threat than Guerrero before fighting Guerrero.

The problem is nobody below 154 is good enough to beat Floyd as NOBODY would be favored to beat him which makes the fight an easy cherry pick. Of course this is all based off pactart logic of hindsight.

The truth is, nobody expects Floyd to lose to anyone not named Martinez or anyone who's not fighting at MW. It's all about who brings in the most money as it doesn’t matter who he fights, Floyd will be always, ALWAYS be the favorite unless he jumps right up to MW and fights the best. Which is typically what he does when moving up.

Winner of Cotto Alvarez would be a great fight. in the meantime who ever Floyd fights, would be considered a cherry pick unless he fights a MW. That's the crazy truth too. The guy has to fight a MW in order for the fight not to be considered a cherry pick. Talk about setting the bar high.

There is not ONE fighter anyone can name below 154 that would be the betting favorite vs Floyd Mayweather... which is exactly why no matter who he fights people will say they are just not that good enough. A few words shy of "it's just not that fair" or in the words of Team Pac in regards to the Shane Mosley who begged for a fight, he's simply just "too good". Or in Floyd’s case, would it be “too great?”

Comment

DESERT BEAGLE, Do U think Your Hero, will ever fight a Cat that presents a True Challange???

Comment

I'm not going to entertain an internet troll anymore. Have a good one, f**k stick.

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                    Not to mention JMW, and WW....U don't seem to be paying attention....
                    Martin Murray is the 8th ranked middle in the world, comming off a surgery that is good in my book, Chavez was what 4th and 20 lbs heavier that was good chalenge, Martinez's last 9 foes have what 8 total loses and 3 of those go to the 6 ranked middle, Martinez snatches 0's, Floyd snatches 4's and ****. Floyd wont fight Martinez at even 150 with a 80 20 split in one of the most lucrative fights out there for all the rice in china, Duran went from just about Bantum to fight the arguably the best middle of our life time( I have Monzon there but you can debate that ) Floyd is not the GOAT and is not in the zip code of GAOT

Comment

Berto is still Ortiz leftovers at the end of the day, the blueprint was there for Guerrero's taking. So I think Guerrero needs one more solid win against the likes of a Bradley or Canelo before a Floyd fight. If I was Khan I'd be looking for a quick win in Dec then issue a challege to Guerrero and move up to 147 it would put him right back in the mix I think Khan could beat Guerrero..

Comment

Working...
                      X