Sports Illustrated puts Adrien Broner ahead of Carl Froch in P4P rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stahp you lying right?

Comment

There is no set rules for P4P, they believe Broner is the better fighter all things considered. Who cares, you don't have to agree with their choice or their reasoning it is merely one way of many to look at it.

P4P lists are suppose to be thought provoking, because it is purely a mental exercise. So I would say SI succeeded because people are discussing it.
      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-20-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        There is no set rules for P4P, they believe Broner is the better fighter all things considered. Who cares, you don't have to agree with their choice or their reasoning it is merely one way of many to look at it.

P4P lists are suppose to be thought provoking, because it is purely a mental exercise. So I would say SI succeeded because people are discussing it.
        Would ranking Fonfara p4p be a success also? It'd get some discussion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          We all know why Freedom hates Froch so much.

I don't know why he keeps discrediting European boxers so much.
          Freedom is racist against Europeans.

Comment

Seriously, though, I think Brian Magee is just as good, if not better than Broner's best wins in DeMarco, and Escobedo. Magee is Froch's 10th, or 11th best opponent.

I'm also a big fan of Broner, and have no problem with him being top 15. But Froch is top 10, and has the best resume of anybody in boxing over hte past 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by #thirsty View Post
              They have Froch at #15 and Adrien Broner at #12.

Yes, #12.

How do you feel about this?
              thats how the poll voters voted-its not that big a deal to me.

Comment

froch has proven more, but broner is much more technically sound than froch. im not a fan of broners style tho to be honest. prefer a fighter thats willing to take a punch to give one. broner thinks about defense too much although he is right to do so! just not a massive fan of that style.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Froch is a good fighter and exciting to watch, he also picked some good wins, but do people really see him as one of the top 10 fighters in the world? I like Froch but he really isn't that good, he's a B+ fighter and 15th is about right in the P4P list.
                  What so even if he's 15th in the world p4p he's a b+ fighter ? I think froch is defiantly an a level elite fighter not as good as ward but defiantly 2nd at sm

Comment

DeMarco was a decent fighter, nothing more.

Froch has beaten world class fighters and proven himself time and time again at that level.

Comment

they're not going to rate froch highly because of his losses to kessler and Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X