Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is fighting two times a year good for a 22 year old boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Arguably he's made easy work of his last 1/2 dozen opponents or so i.e. he's not taking a lot of career shorting punishment, like Rios is per say.

I'd say 3-4 times per year is the optimal range. He stays busy, in shape and sharp and keeps the fans attention.
    Yea, in that case he should be fighting regularly but I see him in a position now where he'll fight the other champions and top contenders. Still enough time for him to get another fight this year, if not, disappointing year.

Bundrage would be a good option.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea how comfortable he makes 154 and the possibilities of going to 160?

Comment

For health purposes yes but for being active not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Does anyone have any idea how comfortable he makes 154 and the possibilities of going to 160?
          Well, I believe he comes in the ring weighing anywhere from 164-170. He also said he's planning on staying @154 for a while, make his name there. However, I think his body won't allow him to stay at 154 for much longer. I expect him to move up in 2-3 years.

Comment

I'd like to see the majority of world class fighters fight more often, no matter their age. Three times a year would be good. I love that Donaire is going to fight 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by #GlowinOrb View Post
              A bunch of non boxers, suggesting to a boxer, how often he should box.

#Boxing
              Ho riso a tu commento. Me lo presti?

Fare la revisione di perche abiti in l'italia.

(finally college Italian comes in handy)
              Last edited by lparm; 10-30-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Canelo has been improving, and up until the ****ing Lopez fight they had been gradually stepping up his competition. Tried to fight Williams, Kirkland, Ortiz... what more do you want out of him?

Looks like their going to try to make Canelo-Cotto and he has to fight the winner of Lara-Vanes after that if he wins.
                I call bulls#!t on that. Mathew Hatton, followed by Ryan Rhodes, followed by Kermit Cintron, followed by shot Mosley? That's your idea of Stepping up in competition? He did try to fight somebody who is for real until they ran out of options and gave him Lopez though, I'll give you that, but no way has he been gradually moving up his competition.

Comment

It's not a good thing but he doesn't do that all time, this year is an exception.

Comment

Working...
                  X